Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to be a moderator/admin

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 batman1234

batman1234

• Members
  • 363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:40 AM

How can a regular member becomes mod/admin?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:52 AM

Hi,

The simple answer is by contributing regularly, constructively and politely. BC will consider people that show commitment to the site and that do interact well with the rest of the members of the site as potential Moderators. If someone meets those criteria, one of the current staff team will contact them and ask if they're interested in becoming a member of the moderator team. Quite frequently Mods & Admins are members of the BC Advisors and/or Malware Removal Team before they become Moderators.

You can not apply for these positions. The staff will contact you, if they think you are a good candidate.

regards
myrti
If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:39 PM

Additional information here.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

Being BC Advisor is mostly enough for anyone, i mostly help and contribute in AII forum and 90% cases in that forum were resolved on my own.

#5 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

I don't think you could be promoted as Admin because they are the highest rank on the site. Mod, maybe, but you'd probably have to post a lot and be helpful.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#6 batman1234

batman1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

Thank all.

But I have another question, who is InvisionS? 2 posts becomes admin?

#7 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:15 AM

Hi,

Well, I think its something related to the forum software which powers this forum (like any other online forum).

The software used here is provided by IPB:

Community Forum Software by IP.Board

Maybe a backup feature.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

Griner, the owner of Bleeping Computer and also the Administrator, likely created InvisionS account for testing purposes.

When he created the account he gave it administrator status.

I don't think you could be promoted as Admin because they are the highest rank on the site. Mod, maybe, but you'd probably have to post a lot and be helpful.

There is more involved in the process for ALL staff (advisors, moderators, global admins and site admins) that posting a lot and being helpful. I won't go into the process other to state (which applies to other staff positions)

Bleeping Computer Advisors are regular forum contributors who have been nominated by other current Advisors or other members of the staff as a result of their consistently high quality and expert responses to people's questions in the forums

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80359/bleeping-computer-membership-descriptions/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users