Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung ATIV Book 9 shutsdown when unplugged, shows 100% charged

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eliniko1

eliniko1

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:20 AM

Good evening everyone,

Need your help. I have a ATIV Book 9 (NP915S3G-K05US), and, inexplicably, when I remove the power cord, the computer shuts down even though the battery shows fully charged. I left it unplugged for a few days and plugged it in, and turned it on, the battery showed fully discharged, left it plugged in and it charged to 100% (or so it indicated), so I proceeded to remove the power cord and it just did the same thing.

Is it as simple as the battery being bad? I found a genuine Samsung battery replacement online, if this is the problem, can I replace it? Or does this sound like something else?

Any help is appreciated, can't fit a visit to the computer repair shop into my budget right now. Let me thank you for your answers beforehand, any help is appreciated....

Nick :bubbles:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

Hello eliniko1, 

I assume that the battery is the culprit (needs to be replaced) but you can still try the following: 1st. Go to computer then click on the systems properties tab.
2nd. Down on the left side bottom click on Preformace Information and Tools .
3rd. Click on Adjust Power Settings.
4th.  (You have been here before) This time click on Choose when to turn off the display.
5th.  Now you are going to go down both Battery list and Plug in list and switch every thing to never.

If that doesn't help, and if the laptop is not new, it's safe to assume that it is a simple problem. Replace it and see how that goes. Citizen_WD

#3 eliniko1

eliniko1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:04 PM

Thanks, I will try by installing a new one tomm, hopefully it is not difficult. Let you know the results....

#4 eliniko1

eliniko1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:56 PM

Ok well, I dont know what to make of this or do. I took it to a local repair place and they replaced the battery....and the laptop still does the same thing, with the battery fully charged, when you unplug the power cord, the screen goes black...the tech person told me the computer is still on, but for some reason the motherboard doesnt communicate with the screen. She went on to tell me that its not fixable. No way, no how.

I don't believe that, can anyone offer me some guidance on what to do next? Please give me your input, I dont want this laptop to go to waste....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users