Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some company "PC Keeper Live" oddly started running on my system...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IrememberWhen

IrememberWhen

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:19 AM

Yesterday I was playing around with some options from "Tampermonkey"- a program indicated by Arc(a gaming hub), that would improve Forum access.  I installed it and many jitters, starts & stops have followed.  Late Wednesday 5th August I was in middle of downloads with 2 PerfectWorld clients running at same time when said program 'PC Keeper Live' started running upon my system.  Immediately followed by some fella as a Live Support staffer IMing me that I have all hundreds various flaws, inconsistancies & hazzards in way my network is set up.  Of course too, there was the given line of Unecessary Junk Files that followed some graphing report stating I am in deep doo doo if I don't pay up something around $10/monthly to aleviate me of the confounded worries.   Fully credentialed as a microsoft partner and a couple other company names, this fella made it sound superbly convincing that my electronic life was about to come to a crashing halt. 

Now, I am not unaware of various things like this, but never before upon anything in my system.  To Uninstall this, I have looked to no avail & now I am supremely ired that some chump somewhere can have complete access to anything.  Some assistance would be approvingly welcome please and Thank you very much for whatever assistance you can pass on.

Edited by hamluis, 06 August 2015 - 06:34 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:34 AM

Uninstall PC Keeper Live Links

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users