Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows7 Reinstallers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:59 PM

Hello.

I was told that if I had a Windows 7 Operating System installed, that I could "Reinstall" the system from creating an ISO, and I was sure I saw it listed in here somewhere. I have (or had) a Genuine version installed, but no disks, the system was corrupted so I attempted a sfc /scannow, and was told there were many errors that could not be fixed. Do I need to find another way to reinstall this system, but I am sure I noticed links in this forum area. Sorry if I am wrong, but my system did read Windows 7.1 Home Premium.

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 437 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

Hello again.

I was not sure how to edit this, but I have looked at the sticker and it says it is a Genuine Windows 7 and I have now found it was a Professional install, not Home Premium like I listed above. My friends say that I will need to install drivers and other updates as it seems that this computer has not been used for a while, and this may be why I am getting all of the errors. I do have the Windows Key number, so it is mine, but is there a fresh install that I can use from a Genuine Site ?

Thank  You.

#3 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 437 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:12 PM

Hello again,
I found my answer, as it looks like more older corrupted Windows Updates that were not needed?
Once I removed these the original sfc /scannow problems do not exist.
http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/300474-how-do-you-fix-corrupted-files-found-sfc-scannow-3.html
To get right to the answer, Go to Page #3 , Post #28 by AddRAM

This may also help the other person with sfc /scannow errors if they are similar. Could be worth checking.

As I am having a few minor problems with this computer there any System Check Tool for upgrading to Windows 10, or do I just click and run the KB item that is being mentioned to check if this system is OK? I wanted to check if I can install Windows 10 later, but I was also reading your forum area first, that claims a few minor problems with going from Windows 7.1 up to Windows 10.

Thanks for any help.

#4 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

I had Windows 7 on my computer but haven't found that "Reinstall" thing on it. Well, I never reinstalled it even once since I've got it.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:17 PM

The requirements for windows 10 are quite "ordinary",,,basically if the pc will run windows7 in a reasonable manner, it should have no problem with Win 10

The kb in question (afaik) is KB2919355

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT EXCLUSIVELY... NO DUAL BOOT, NO VIRTUAL MACHINE

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

#6 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 437 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

Hello malynensi
I said that I no longer needed to reinstall and the problems were due to several Microsoft Downloads that left corruptions on your Windows 7.1 system, and I left the solution there also.
The reinstall versions that I was looking for were the ones from Digital River, but I have now found, they seem to have been removed. So this is why I was asking for a System Check Tool for upgrading to Windows 10 as I have this item in my task bar that I have been told will update the computer, but I just wondered if there was another Tool to check with first, rather than having problems by skipping over Windows 8 and going to Windows 10.
Thanks Condobloke I will try that one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users