Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows7 Reinstallers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:59 PM

Hello.

I was told that if I had a Windows 7 Operating System installed, that I could "Reinstall" the system from creating an ISO, and I was sure I saw it listed in here somewhere. I have (or had) a Genuine version installed, but no disks, the system was corrupted so I attempted a sfc /scannow, and was told there were many errors that could not be fixed. Do I need to find another way to reinstall this system, but I am sure I noticed links in this forum area. Sorry if I am wrong, but my system did read Windows 7.1 Home Premium.

Thanks for any help.

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

Hello again.

I was not sure how to edit this, but I have looked at the sticker and it says it is a Genuine Windows 7 and I have now found it was a Professional install, not Home Premium like I listed above. My friends say that I will need to install drivers and other updates as it seems that this computer has not been used for a while, and this may be why I am getting all of the errors. I do have the Windows Key number, so it is mine, but is there a fresh install that I can use from a Genuine Site ?

Thank  You.

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#3 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:12 PM

Hello again,
I found my answer, as it looks like more older corrupted Windows Updates that were not needed?
Once I removed these the original sfc /scannow problems do not exist.
http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/300474-how-do-you-fix-corrupted-files-found-sfc-scannow-3.html
To get right to the answer, Go to Page #3 , Post #28 by AddRAM

This may also help the other person with sfc /scannow errors if they are similar. Could be worth checking.

As I am having a few minor problems with this computer there any System Check Tool for upgrading to Windows 10, or do I just click and run the KB item that is being mentioned to check if this system is OK? I wanted to check if I can install Windows 10 later, but I was also reading your forum area first, that claims a few minor problems with going from Windows 7.1 up to Windows 10.

Thanks for any help.

#4 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

I had Windows 7 on my computer but haven't found that "Reinstall" thing on it. Well, I never reinstalled it even once since I've got it.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:17 PM

The requirements for windows 10 are quite "ordinary",,,basically if the pc will run windows7 in a reasonable manner, it should have no problem with Win 10

The kb in question (afaik) is KB2919355

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

Hello malynensi
I said that I no longer needed to reinstall and the problems were due to several Microsoft Downloads that left corruptions on your Windows 7.1 system, and I left the solution there also.
The reinstall versions that I was looking for were the ones from Digital River, but I have now found, they seem to have been removed. So this is why I was asking for a System Check Tool for upgrading to Windows 10 as I have this item in my task bar that I have been told will update the computer, but I just wondered if there was another Tool to check with first, rather than having problems by skipping over Windows 8 and going to Windows 10.
Thanks Condobloke I will try that one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users