I just wanted to make sure that those applications were installed purposely. Team Viewer in particular is legit but can be used for nefarious purposes by criminals. If you use them keep them and if not then uninstall.
Critical error, start menu and cortana are not working
Yikes! Looks like there has yet to be a MS fix for this error. I'm sure they will push out a fix soon. I have upgraded 4 of my computers so far and they are running fine. Lucky me.
You might want to familiarize yourself with these keyboard shortcuts in the meantime,http://reviews.gizmodo.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-windows-10-keyboard-shortcuts-1720656591
EmptyTemp: => 68 GB temporary data Removed
Looks like we freed up some space
I want you to reset msconfig
. This will allow the startup of some rogue files that I will then target for removal.
Press Windows Key+R
to open the Run dialog box
in the run box
Then enable all
Temporarily disable your AV program so it does not interfere.
Info on how to disable your security applications How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs - Security Mini-Guides
Download Zeok tool from here
- When the download appears, save to the Desktop.
- On the Desktop, right-click the Zoek.exe file and select: Run as Administrator (Give it a few seconds to appear.)
- Next, copy/paste the entire script inside the code box below to the input field of Zoek:
- Close any open Browsers.
- Click the Run script button, and wait. It takes a few minutes to run all the script.
- When the tool finishes, the zoek-results.log is opened in Notepad.
- The log is also found on the systemdrive, normally C:\
- If a reboot is needed, the log is opened after the reboot.
Please post the zoek-results.log in your reply.
Please download Farbar Service Scanner
, save it to your desktop then run it.
- Make sure the following options are checked:
Security Center/Action Center
- Press Scan
- It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log in your reply.
Please run MBAM
. Looks like its already installed.
If not then download it again.Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.
- Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.
- Double-click on the renamed file to install, then follow these instructions
- for doing a Quick Scan in normal mode.
Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
- If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues
Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.
- After completing the scan, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
- Exit Malwarebytes when done.
-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, use Malwarebytes Chameleon
and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).
Uninstall Chrome Manually
- Press Windows Key+R to open the Run dialog box, then copy & paste the command in the run box and press enter
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Options_RunDLL 0
- Click the View tab
- Make sure the Hide extensions for known file types checkbox is deselected
- Next open Notepad
- Copy/paste the following text inside the code box into a new notepad document.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Click File, then Save As...
- Click Desktop on the left.
- Under the Save as type dropdown, select All Files.
- In the box File Name, input google.reg.
- Click Save
- Double click google.reg and answer Yes to the prompts. You should receive the message that the entries have been successfully merged. If not, post back with the error message.
- Delete google.reg after use.
- Next navigate to the chrome folder:
, check the Addition.txt
box, press SCAN
the 2 logs in your next reply.
<<<<<<<<<<With your next post please provide:
- Zoek log
- FSS log
- MBAM log
- FRST log
- Addition log
- An update about the problems that persist