Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help finding a micro ATX slim rendering computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jeezlouise123

jeezlouise123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:52 PM

If possible, can it be something close to these specs:

Processor: i5 level 
RAM: 16gb (Unity, Chrome, Video all would take a ton of memory)
VRAM: 4gb NVIDA GTX 970
Sound: Integrated on Motherboard
Storage: 500gb flash, or 250g flash and 1tb not flash depending on content needs.
Connectivity: Bluetooth, WiFi, ethernet (Gig E) (Multiple ethernet? 4 of them?), 3xUSB would be nice as well (for possibly updating, IR, and other peripherals)
Operating System: Win8.1  (maybe 10, early indications are it’s their best In years, and support it there already, worth testing.)
Motherboard: Intel z97 based
Lots of Cooling.
Case: Micro ATX Slim

Other requirements:
  • Silent or nearly silent

EDIT: price is probably something around $1000-$2000 (it needs to be top of the line) and a manufactured machine is preferable.

Edited by jeezlouise123, 06 August 2015 - 08:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:47 AM

How much do you have to spend?

Are you looking for a manufactured machine or a parts list?

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:53 AM

Currently I know of no 970 video cards that are half height or slim form factor .. the smallest you could go is Mini ITX with the Gigabyte 970 ITX card. So right now your limited by the graphics card you want. You can build yourself something close to this small case though.

#4 jeezlouise123

jeezlouise123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

Currently I know of no 970 video cards that are half height or slim form factor .. the smallest you could go is Mini ITX with the Gigabyte 970 ITX card. So right now your limited by the graphics card you want. You can build yourself something close to this small case though.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

#5 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:03 PM

The Gigabyte Brix series is the most compact while not losing power. Granted you have to add in your own RAM, HDD, and a OS...... the strongest one is that one there< with a dekstop GTX 760 and i7-4710HQ (low powered quad core). Can use up to 16GB of RAM- officially. Unofficially, with certain sticks, it can use up to 32GB of RAM. Comes with a Gigabit LAN port, a/b/g/n/ac wireless, Bluetooth 4.0, and 2x USB 3.0 ports. 

It does that at two point three inches high and five inches wide either way. Wins for being the most compact. However I've heard they are ridiculously loud..so out of the question.

Processor: i5 level 

VRAM: 4gb NVIDA GTX 970

(it needs to be top of the line)

Define "top of the line".

Never have heard an i5 referred to as top of the line before. By definition, on the consumer end, i5s are cut down more value oriented i7s. The 970 is also a cut down value 980.

Don't mean that^ as a insult. Am legitimately curious by what you mean by "top of the line". 

ethernet (Gig E) (Multiple ethernet? 4 of them?)

Motherboard: Intel z97 based

Can't find regular consumer, or even enthusiast level, boards with 4x gigabit Ethernet ports in a small form factor. All of them are sever boards that cost $$$$ and do not use the z97 chipset but server rated chipsets instead. 

The most a consumer board will have is two of them. The GIGABYTE GA-Z97N-WIFI is the only small formatted board I've seen that has two ports. All the other boards I've looked at that have had them are EATX or ATX boards. 

z97 based

Lots of Cooling

Micro ATX Slim
Silent or nearly silent

manufactured machine is preferable.

top of the line

Manufactured, micro ATX , silent, Lots of Cooling, and powerful do not mix. You will not find a single manufacturer that does all of it. They'll only ever mix up to four at a time 100% guarantee. Silent and slim? sure, but the thing will burn its self up for the sake of silence. Slim and cool? sure, but it's going to be loud. Ok how about silent, slim, and cool? Ok, but all the parts will be underclocked to worthlessness as a set top box. 

Pre-built computer makers will do all five, but it's going to cost way more then you're willing to spend. To get everything you want, for the price you want it at, you're either going to have raise the price ceiling or build it yourself. 

Edited by SEANIA, 07 August 2015 - 08:07 PM.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#6 jeezlouise123

jeezlouise123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:14 PM

I think I probably meant "the best I can do" with the guidelines stated. That's probably what I meant by "top of the line."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users