Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Case fan shutting off

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kodenkan

kodenkan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

Hello. I have a pc I bought about a year and a half ago. Recently the case fan that blows the hot air out of the case has stopped working. If I give the fan a nudge with my fingers or some dust off, it'll work for 20-120 minutes or so before is stops again. Usually it doesn't start when the pc starts up anymore. When I feel the blades of the fan when it's not working it's obviously trying to rotate, as it will rotate very slowly. I have dusted it very well and there is plenty of power coming from the power supply. Everything has been plugged it correctly. Is the fan just old and dying, or is there some kind of solution that involves cleaning or lubricating the fan? I've never had this problem with a case fan before. The main problem is that if the fan isn't working, and I'm running a video game, the GPU will tend to overheat. Thank you for your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:40 AM

Lubrication has quit doing its job, time for a new fan.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users