Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Update] Cumulative Update for Windows 10: KB3081424

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

The KB3081424 have been rolled out today for Windows 10, and it's a Cumulative Update. It'll update a lot of files that are coming out in users' SFC and DISM scans as corrupted. Installing it could fix these files, so I suggest you to install it.

Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015

This update includes nonsecurity-related changes to enhance the functionality of Windows 10 through new features and improvements.

Windows 10 updates are cumulative. Therefore, this package contains all previously-released fixes (see KB 3074683). If you have installed previous updates, only the new fixes that are contained in this package will be downloaded and installed to your computer.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

Check your settings.  There are a lot of new settings in every category.  I only went through System and Privacy, so far.  Am taking a break now.  This stuff makes my eyes glaze over with all the bizarre organization, so I can't even tell you what the changes are.  :killcomp:

Edited by brainout, 05 August 2015 - 02:48 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,609 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

I'm not home right now, I'll check tonight when I update. I have two files reported as corrupt by SFC. I'll install the update, and run SFC again to see if they still come up.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:34 AM

Another KB article that doesn't give any real information as to what is fixed...  :ranting: 

x64

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,609 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Well you can guess that some system files will be updated, and therefore if they weren't working before, they will now :P

unite_blue.png

#6 greeman

greeman

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:27 PM

Since the update my internet graphics are messed up.  Trying to watch videos on USA today and MSN and I get green screen with audio only.  I did finally notice that if I clicked on the progress bar while the video is playing that the video will suddenly appear.  I tried updating drivers (HD6550D) and disabling hardware acceleration and most of the other things talked about on the interned, but nothing helped.  Hopefully they will fix it soon or maybe a new graphics card is in order for me..... hate that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users