Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Clear All Browsing Data from Win Edge

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

Just tried to clear browsing data from Win Edge for the first time. Got a message saying all data could not be cleared and to try again. Tried again and again but still got same message. How can I determine what data  isn't clearing? Also, how can I tell if this is a privacy/security issue? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

Did you use this procedure L@@K?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:04 PM

Did you use this procedure L@@K?

I did not do the history step; but, when I did, I got the same message. Any other ideas? Thanks.

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,010 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:45 AM

Have you tried to go to your file explorer, go to the C: drive, go to properties, go to disk cleanup, and make sure that temporary internet files is checked, and then cleanup the disk?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:04 AM

Have you tried to go to your file explorer, go to the C: drive, go to properties, go to disk cleanup, and make sure that temporary internet files is checked, and then cleanup the disk?

No, I'll try it and let you know if it works. Thanks!

#6 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

Did not work. I have one site which requires IE. I have IE set-up to open on that website. I wonder if Edge is telling me it can not delete the IE browsing data?

#7 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:10 PM

Did not work. I have one site which requires IE. I have IE set-up to open on that website. I wonder if Edge is telling me it can not delete the IE browsing data?

Yep, clearing IE allowed Edge to give me the all clear message.

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,010 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:03 AM

Odd, but I'm glad you fixed it.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users