Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help buying a cheap computer quickly!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maske3344

maske3344

• Members
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:37 PM

I am look for a budget desktop right now because my current computer is very corrupted (it doesn't even turn on anymore). Oh My!, a Malware forum moderator, sent me here for more detailed information on how to buy a desktop.

Here are my questions:

1. I am going to take my c and d drives out, and try to put them in a new computer. Will they run in the new computer without any problem (considering that they are not corrupted)? 

Is it safe for me, who doesn't know how to assemble or dissemble system unit components, to buy an adapter for the hard drives and use them as external drives? Or is it easy enough for me to replace hard drives without messing things up?

2. I found bunch of computer with price around $100 to $170 (most of them refurbished from big companies like Dell). It is just a temporary desktop, so I am bit planning on spending too much money on it, but is it good enough to run multiple software like after effects, games, etc. without too much lag?

Most computers that I found have Intel processor (speed between 2 and 3.9) with 4gb of RAM and 1 yr warranty.

3. Do I need to buy a whole new monitor? I believe it's unnecessary, since only the system unit seem broken.

These are the computers I have found so far:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Refurbished-Optiplex-380-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-Dual-Core-Processor-4GB-Memory-160GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-7-Pro-Monitor-Not-Included/29701021

I am not trying to rush too much to make a wrong decision, but I am in a hurry! Please help me find a good and cheap computer. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

Dells last a very long time and cost very little used, so I would go for those. I had two Dell desktops, one that lasted for 11 years (after mfg) and another one that lasted 10.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 Will5200

Will5200

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:32 PM

Just remember:

Good, Cheap, Fast, pick two!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users