Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wonder where all this is happening?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

This is not good no matter where you are.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6PzT8vEvYPg

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 August 2015 - 06:57 AM.
moved from General Chat

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:27 PM

it is called the 'thin end of the wedge"

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,265 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:43 AM

Just remember there is good and bad everywhere, All the wast majority of refugees want is to live a normal life like the rest of us, Where their children are not exploited or murdered, where they have a job a car or 2 a home, Geez they sound just like us don't they?

The woman in the video is a racist IMO.

Edited by NickAu, 06 August 2015 - 12:45 AM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#4 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,731 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

"The woman in the video is a racist IMO"

Agreed. Her issue seems to be with "Muslim refugees" rather than "refugees."

(I wouldn't be surprised if this topic is moved to The Speak Easy in due course)

As for the question posed in the OP, there is a significant Muslim population in Glasgow, Scotland where I live, who incidentally are renowned for working hard, not taking drugs and not drinking alcohol. So "all this is happening" where I live, and has been for some time now.

#5 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:41 PM

Islam is a religion, not a race. Being anti-Islam does not make you a racist.

#6 PhotoAce

PhotoAce

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

What does it make you?

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

I would submit to OldPhil.

You said "This is not good no matter where you are."

Then posted a link to a youtube video.

What exactly did you mean by 'this is not good'?

The plight of the refugees? What the woman was implying and or saying? The situation of the governmental agencies and funding? Since this is now a Speak Easy topic I would like to know exactly what OldPhil is trying to get us to discuss and what his position is. Without that aspect this ceases to be a Speak Easy topic and will be closed.

Yes I realize this was originally posted elsewhere in August of 2015 and subsequently moved to SpeakEasy afterwards. However the questions to the original poster of content remain.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:09 PM

Calling the problem any name or names does not mask the truth of what is happening in Europe, think very hard this is coming to you and yours.  The basic facts are very simple, two diametrically different societies may never work together.  Search your heart for what you want for you and your family, things are changing quite fast!  Pick your side time will tell you what you did!!

http://www.allenbwest.com/2015/10/mainstream-media-wont-tell-you-why-sweden-is-now-rape-capital-of-the-west/

http://gatesofvienna.net/2013/05/sweden-is-more-dangerous-than-mogadishu/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/19/europe/germany-cologne-attacks/

#9 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

I've been following the European immigrant crisis for a few months now, and it is just really sad how the various governments seem more concerned with cracking down on their own citizenry, than with stopping the influx of immigrants. 

#10 PhotoAce

PhotoAce

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:25 PM

Perhaps the western governments who destablised Middle Eastern countries over the last 20 years should have looked beyond their short term political goals, to the likely consequences.

Sow the wind, and reap the whirlwind.

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:48 PM

Lets have some fact checking of Ann Corcoran's claims.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2015/04/23/fact-checking-refugee-resettlement-activist/26279521/

One thing that stuck out to me in the fact checking.

Quote Below:

"•Corcoran also argues that most of these refugees are selected by the United Nations to come to the U.S. and come from "countries that hate us."

Currently, the largest refugee population LSS serves is from Burma, but they also serve people from Somalia, Iraq, Ethiopia and the former Soviet Union.

The groups LSS serves depends on areas of global conflict that change over time. In the 1980s, that was in Southeast Asia after the fall of Saigon. Following World War II, LSS worked with refugees from Eastern Europe.

Each year in October, the president, in consultation with Congress, sets the number of refugees to be admitted for U.S. resettlement. In 2014, under the Obama administration, that number is 70,000 refugees.

In past years, during the Reagan years, for example, our refugee numbers were somewhat higher at 120,000. note: bold is my doing

Still, in any given year, the number of refugees the U.S. resettles is relatively small — roughly one-half of 1 percent of the world's refugees, which is estimated today at 16.7 million."

Interesting that during the Reagan years the number of refugees was nearly double the numbers today. And I'll bet that the nations we accepted refugees then hated us just as much then, as the alleged haters today.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:57 PM

OldPhil, you did not answer the questions asked by Animal.

What exactly did you mean by 'this is not good'?

The plight of the refugees? What the woman was implying and or saying? The situation of the governmental agencies and funding?

What exactly are you trying to get us dicuss? What is your position?

I realize that the topic was moved from General Chat to Speak Easy so now is the time for you to answer the questions.

#13 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:44 PM

Well i have 3 german people at my work (2 blokes and one female)and they are so upset as to what has happened to their country of birth.

This is their words and not mine when they say its being overriden by people of Islamic faith, one bloke even said the reason they are wanting to get to germany is because of the welfare payments which can be more than a working person, more than we give here in Australia a lot more he said.

I dont know for sure but this german fella at work is in no way a mean person or talks bad about anyone so for me to see him fired up about this issue means its got to be bad.

In Australia we are constantly being told about "Economic Migrants" and to be honest, yes some may be that but its not all of them.

I used to live next door to a Muslim bloke from pakistan and he used to beat his wife every night pretty much, i would call the cops and he would use the whole "I cannot speak english" trick, does that mean they are all like that? No.

Its a really muddled up sitsuation no matter which way you look at it but i guess this is what happens when you invade a country and let a civil war go on for years and years with out doing anything about it, by then again cyria doesnt have anything the USA want IE(Oil, gas, gold)!

#14 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

I am for the first time in my 75 years worried for my family and friends, mostly the on coming generation.  I am glad I am old as I am, I also was so busy with my life that I lived and thought like most all do.  I too was very uninformed relying on snippets of controlled network news, take the time you may just become more aware!

I think my position is more than clear, it is time to look past now the future is still in our hands!

Read the foreign news

Speak with returning military, especially brass.

Speak friends in law enforcement

The truth is out US agencies are pretty freaked out.

Read the sections of the Koran that spell out their thoughts

Link from military buddy: http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/domestic-terrorism/terrorist-training-camps-in-the-us/660940716001

#15 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,265 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:59 PM

I notice there is no mention of US militias.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users