Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

John McAfee Arrested

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:37 AM

John McAfee arrested on DUI, gun charges in Henderson County | WBBJTV West Tennessee's News Channel | Local News By WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News Staff
By news@wbbjtv.com

Story Created: Aug 4, 2015 at 3:54 PM CDT

Story Updated: Aug 4, 2015 at 9:40 PM CDT

HENDERSON COUNTY, Tenn. -- Software guru and West Tennessee resident John McAfee was arrested over the weekend on DUI and gun charges.

McAfee was taken into custody around 8:45 p.m. Sunday on Highway 22, according to the Tennessee Highway Patrol.

He is charged with DUI and possession of a firearm while intoxicated, according to the Henderson County Sheriff's Department.

B9318343992Z.1_20150804233822_000_G00BHP

Other Related Bleeping Computer News Topics:

Edited by buddy215, 05 August 2015 - 08:04 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:49 AM

God...in some weird twisted way, you just have to love this guy. He stepped off the deep end a long time ago and seems to love it!

#3 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:57 AM

In Florida possession of a firearm while intoxicated would be a mitigating factor.

"Judge, my client may have been drunk but at least he was properly armed."

Edit - Mr. McAfee has admitted to driving under the influence of Xanax but said his doctor failed to warn him of its side effects.

Edited by JWebb, 05 August 2015 - 10:21 AM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,262 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

John McAfee arrested on charges of DUI, handgun possession - Business Insider

QUOTE: ......

"Yes, I was arrested while under the influence of Xanax," he said. "It was a brand new prescription received the same day of the arrest, and the physician neglected to warn me about driving while taking it.

"As to the weapons," McAfee continued, "I always carry them and, unless one is impaired, they are legal to possess and carry."

............In his account of the arrest on Facebook, McAfee initially said that he had ended up in a short shootout with the police before running out of ammunition, surrendering, and joking with his arresting officers about how terrible his aim had been...........

WHY IS HE WEARING A HOODIE/ SWEATSHIRT....IT'S HIGH 90s and high humidity....

Edited by buddy215, 05 August 2015 - 10:36 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

God...in some weird twisted way, you just have to love this guy. He stepped off the deep end a long time ago and seems to love it!

I'm glad you posted this, because I saw this this morning and thought the same thing.

That smile and all that crazy energy...

These are some strange days.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

Those poor cops.. having to deal with his insanity. 

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#7 Eddie7

Eddie7

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

This is why I don't use McAfee... jk.

I wonder what Intel has to say about this lol.

#8 Blnd_E

Blnd_E

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

It's Tennessee for goodness sake!

It's kinda like Texas there... Almost everyone has a gun, unless you're one of the new tech/hippie transplant tree huggers.

#9 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:57 AM

Hey...I resemble that remark..:)

I do own guns...the same ones except for a BB gun I've owned for more than 50 years. I use my .22 to 'train' coyotes from my back door. I do not support the

packing of a gun every day in vehicles or on one's person concealed or in the open. There is way too much paranoia created by the gun lobbyists....my opinion.

I do support environmental laws and do think that global warming is the biggest threat to all life on this earth....so, in Republican parlance....I'm a tree hugger. I can live with that....seriously.

#10 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,415 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

Antivirus mogul John McAfee to run for president as member of “Cyber Party” [Updated]

President John McAfee, Has a nice ring to it.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/09/antivirus-mogul-john-mcafee-makes-his-bid-to-run-for-president-official/

#11 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:07 AM

McAfee would make a good reporter for The Onion news site.

960.jpg

#12 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,262 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

His announcement was reported in my local mullet wrapper today. That story about a new prescription is a bit misleading....

This latest stunt could cause him some grief. It will put his court appearances under a local and maybe national media microscope....

McAfee was charged with driving under the influence, possession of a firearm, violation of the driver’s license law, violation of the

window tint law, violation of the lane law and with having an open container.

McAfee’s next court date is scheduled for Nov. 10 at 1 p.m. in Henderson County General Sessions Court.

#13 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:49 AM

Hey...I resemble that remark.. :)

I do own guns...the same ones except for a BB gun I've owned for more than 50 years. I use my .22 to 'train' coyotes from my back door. I do not support the

packing of a gun every day in vehicles or on one's person concealed or in the open. There is way too much paranoia created by the gun lobbyists....my opinion.

I do support environmental laws and do think that global warming is the biggest threat to all life on this earth....so, in Republican parlance....I'm a tree hugger. I can live with that....seriously.

• Gun Owner
  • Tree Hugger
  • Informed Opinion
  • Great sense of humor regarding Religion

The next time me and the Missus visit Tennessee (which we do often - Bulls Gap and that area) I think we'll buy you a couple of beers.

I love this place.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#14 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:19 PM

McAfee is serious about tossing his hat into the USA president fray. His strategy and reasoning is excellent. His entry in the contest could be

the cause for the former Texas governor and the Wisconsin governor (can't recall their names...a good thing) ending their run for the Oval Office.

A recent interview revealed his ability to reason. The reasons he gave for winning are :

(1) he will win the non-white vote because his wife is black

(2) he will win the votes of those who have tattoos because he has many tattoos all over his body

(3) he will win the techie vote because he is a techie.

Trump can't claim any of those attributes...

SOURCE: The John McAfee circus rolls on - BBC News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users