Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uninstall YAC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 how_word

how_word

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

I tried to uninstall YAC (yet another cleaner), using Malwarebytes in safemode. This did romove 2488 files all YAC and toolbars installed by YAC!

However, YAC still seems to be infecting my computer. When I right click the recycle Bin I am given a choice to "Deep clean up with YAC". Is this a fluke? or is YAC still opperating on my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:45 PM

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

Close all open programs and internet browsers.

• Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  •  
  •  
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

Edited by buddy215, 04 August 2015 - 05:46 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 how_word

how_word
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:39 AM

I DLed CCleaner, as instructed.

Note: There is a CCleaner and CCleaner64, did I need to run both, I ran CCleaner?

CCleaner removed  Google Chrome files (hist. 4, Cookies 9, session 2) how do I uninstall Google Chrome, btw? It seems like I have done or tried to do this a dozen times in the last year.

CCleaner announced it is monitoring my computer : What's that about? I don't understand the necessity of all the constant 'monitoring' of my computer of the recent cleaners I have DLed.

After using CCleaner, my computer restarted and now the computer search function no longer works (search programs and files). It will not search within text documents, i.e WordPad, .txt .html, etc.; only titles and only complete titles, and then only some programs show in the results. If I can't use the search function to search doucuments, I may as well throw my computer in the river as that is about 20% of the work I do every day.

Note: I had AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool. and have ran them a half dozen times in the week.

Per your instructions "Click the ESET Online Scanner button." (Note: shouldn't that direction read: "If you are using IE, click this button >")

I am using Firefox.

I downloaded/installed? ESET Online Scanner, esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe.

step 1 out of 4 (Computer scan settings)
has radio buttons for  
Enable detection of potentially unwanted application
Disable ""
> Advance settings
"Another antivirus software was detected. This may affect the performance and quality of the scan. Show list. (Norton 360).
Start Button.

I did not start.

Recycle Bin still shows the YAC option on right click.

These are the Logs:

# AdwCleaner v4.208 - Logfile created 05/08/2015 at 09:26:26
# Updated 09/07/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-08-01.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (x64)
# Username : JJJ - MMM
# Running from : C:\Users\JJJ\Desktop\Cleaners\adwcleaner_4.208.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****
***** [ Files / Folders ] *****
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\JJJ\AppData\LocalLow\HPAppData
***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****
***** [ Shortcuts ] *****
***** [ Registry ] *****
***** [ Web browsers ] *****
-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17909
-\\ Mozilla Firefox v39.0 (x86 en-US)
-\\ Google Chrome v

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [4593 bytes] - [11/06/2015 12:05:36]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [965 bytes] - [13/06/2015 12:38:15]
AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [1024 bytes] - [13/06/2015 13:54:13]
AdwCleaner[R3].txt - [312 bytes] - [02/08/2015 16:59:39]
AdwCleaner[R4].txt - [1384 bytes] - [02/08/2015 17:25:00]
AdwCleaner[R5].txt - [1909 bytes] - [03/08/2015 14:42:07]
AdwCleaner[R6].txt - [1435 bytes] - [03/08/2015 15:35:08]
AdwCleaner[R7].txt - [1494 bytes] - [04/08/2015 16:52:47]
AdwCleaner[R8].txt - [1671 bytes] - [05/08/2015 09:24:09]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [4139 bytes] - [11/06/2015 12:10:14]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1030 bytes] - [13/06/2015 12:45:28]
AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [1089 bytes] - [13/06/2015 14:24:52]
AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [1454 bytes] - [02/08/2015 17:27:59]
AdwCleaner[S4].txt - [2027 bytes] - [03/08/2015 14:44:39]
AdwCleaner[S5].txt - [1558 bytes] - [04/08/2015 16:54:50]
AdwCleaner[S6].txt - [1598 bytes] - [05/08/2015 09:26:26]
########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S6].txt - [1657  bytes] ##########

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 7.5.4 (07.27.2015:1)
Ran by JJJ on Wed 08/05/2015 at  9:53:29.81
~~~ Services
~~~ Tasks
~~~ Registry Values
~~~ Registry Keys
~~~ Files
~~~ Folders
~~~ FireFox
Successfully deleted the following from C:\Users\JJJ\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\tb2isrrv.default-1394367927409\prefs.js

user_pref(browser.search.searchengine.alias, );
user_pref(browser.search.searchengine.iconURL, hxxp://www.google.com/favicon.ico);
user_pref(browser.search.searchengine.name, Google );
user_pref(browser.search.searchengine.ref, );
user_pref(browser.search.searchengine.ts, );
user_pref(browser.search.searchengine.type, );
user_pref(browser.search.searchengine.uid, 126614527_462834_001db211);
user_pref(browser.search.searchengine.url, hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms});
Emptied folder: C:\Users\JJJ\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\tb2isrrv.default-1394367927409\minidumps [1 files]

~~~ Chrome
[C:\Users\JJJ\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\JJJ\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:

[C:\Users\JJJ\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\JJJ\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:
Scan was completed on Wed 08/05/2015 at 10:08:00.56
End of JRT log

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:00 AM

I doubt CCleaner is responsible for any problems you have. Especially if you used only the DEFAULT settings as I instructed.

As to uninstalling Google Chrome...Use Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware in Advanced Mode to uninstall.

When you right click on the Recycle Bin, do you see PROPERTIES? If so, click on that and explore to find any mention of the CLEANER program and delete it.

You need to run the Eset scanner.  AS INSTRUCTED:

• For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.

After opening CCleaner...post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner:

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users