Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Will Not Let Me Enter Into Safe Mode.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mattybbbbb

mattybbbbb

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:50 PM

My computer will not let me enter into safe mode. Is there any reason why this is happening? I have a Trojan Horse Clicker.FM and RazeWare Spyware infecting my computer and I can't get into safe mode to run HighJackThis. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:07 PM

I am not sure why your computer will not boot to Safe Mode. Are you following the instruction in "Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log"? If not you need to review them prior to proceeding. There is no mention of running the HJT application in Safe Mode. According to the instruction you will run it from your Desktop.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 mattybbbbb

mattybbbbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:16 PM

I was just following instructions from cretemonster in the forum. Will you look at the post topic:

Trojan Horse Clicker.fr And Raze Spyware Wallpaper
How do I remove them?

It is in the same group as this posting.
I went out of town and didn't get back untill yesterday, so the post is 5 days old. I followed his instructions up untill enter into safe mode because my computer won't allow me to. Thanks for helping,

Matthew

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:07 PM

Do you know exactly when your computer became infected?

Have you been able to run your av scan?

If you are using Windows XP or ME try using Windows System Restore to restore your system state to a date from before your computer became infected.

start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore

Edited by Enthusiast, 16 July 2006 - 05:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users