Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Idk..if this comes under networking..but please read

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maxxxgupta007

maxxxgupta007

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

I connect my 720 p screen laptop to my 1080p tv using hdmi cable but instead of filling screen completely my tv showed only 720p and filed half of tv in centre..
Is there any way to see full screen of my laptop home screen on tv screen ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:35 PM

Due to the ratio of a TV display you may not be able to fill the screen and if you do the picture can be distorted.

Adjustment is done at two places; your laptop display settings and what mode picture you choose on the TV.

#3 maxxxgupta007

maxxxgupta007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

Due to the ratio of a TV display you may not be able to fill the screen and if you do the picture can be distorted.
Adjustment is done at two places; your laptop display settings and what mode picture you choose on the TV.

Is there anyway to use tv screen as main display rather laptop own display?

Edited by maxxxgupta007, 04 August 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#4 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:54 PM

After connecting, you can choose to show the laptop screen only on the TV and then using the TV as a monitor, set the resolution of Windows to 1920x1080. Then when you are done and disconnect the HDMI cable, the TV screen will turn off and your laptop's on.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 maxxxgupta007

maxxxgupta007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

After connecting, you can choose to show the laptop screen only on the TV and then using the TV as a monitor, set the resolution of Windows to 1920x1080. Then when you are done and disconnect the HDMI cable, the TV screen will turn off and your laptop's on.

Thanx it worked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users