Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mr. Robot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:04 PM

Anyone watching Mr. Robot, pretty good, if not quite unusual.  Certainly not mainstream, I hope it makes it I like it!  At first it was a bit slow but the last two episodes were pretty good.

"In MR. ROBOT, Elliot, a cyber-security engineer by day and vigilante hacker by night, is recruited by a mysterious underground group to destroy the firm he's paid to protect. Elliot must decide how far he'll go to expose the forces he believes are running (and ruining) the world."

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot

Edited by pcpunk, 04 August 2015 - 03:07 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:56 AM

Seen commercials for it, but haven't watched it. I recognized Rami Malek from 24 instantly.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,350 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:09 PM

Finally, someone noticed!  I should have posted a link at the Linux Forum?

They frequently reference Linux, gnome and even Kali.  What!...a tv show especially made for me, just at the right time in my life, isn't that bizzare?

Never watched 24 but know it was very popular.  Never seen Rami before, unusual character - at least in this new program.  Was he a regular in 24? - if so I will have to take a look, as his acting in this show is Very unusual lol.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:29 PM

Finally, someone noticed!

Normally I would have passed right by, but I had just seen a commercial for the show (during Bad Boys), so the topic title leapt out at me, and I noticed the thread was started by a fellow Linux section goer (you).

Was he a regular in 24?

No he wasn't a regular on that show, he was just in an episode or two.

They frequently reference Linux, gnome and even Kali

Wow, that's nice to see. Seems like most shows either have Windows XP, or some fake OS made for the show (with lots of progress bars).

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

Yeah, Elliot is always doing something in the Terminal, hacking, that is his whole life besides work lol.  It's cool that it is doing pretty well, most don't even know linux lol, that's just a bonus for us!/me lol.

Would be better to binge watch after the season is over, but don't have much good to watch now anyhow.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users