Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Windows installation on Sony Vaio Pro 13 Touch UltraBook

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 !Laziale!

!Laziale!

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:10 PM

Hello,

I would like to explain my problem with installation windows on Sony Vaio Pro 13 touch ultrabook-SVP1321C-XB,

at first it came with windows 8 original, i made recovery discs for the windows 8 and the sony's softwares. to install windows 7,,,

but when i tried to install windows 7 or 10 by USB or External Dvd it recognize it, i mean it didnt appeard at all on the screen...

Note that, i disabled SAFE BOOT and UEFI,,, and still doesnt appear or recognize.

so please could somebody advice me or help me with this problem!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sp1ke0kill3r

sp1ke0kill3r

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:36 PM

Are you trying to say the devices were NOT recognized? I don't think that would be an issue with safe boot etc since those are about WHAT gets installed or booted and not

what devices are available.   have you looked for boot sequence option in UEFI?

Are these devices not recognized by the OS? Did you set one of them as the primary boot device? 

Have you tried speaking with Sony?

Per a user on Sony's forums

1) first create recovery media with the VAIO software, just in case. You’ll need a 16g usb stick. Write down (or take a photo of) the model, service tag number and serial number that are displayed in the VAIO Care software.
2) create a bootable USB drive from a Windows 7 install image (Windows 7 usb/dvd tool from Microsoft)
3) while the laptop is turned off, press the assist button. Go to BIOS. Change boot mode to legacy (not UEFI). Disable secure boot.
4) insert your Windows 7 USB stick and again when the laptop is off press the assist button. Choose to boot from USB.
5) Make your way into the recovery console and run diskpart. Enter the following commands: (WARNING!! Everything on the SSD including the recovery partitions will be wiped! Make sure you have created the recovery media!)

select disk 1
clean
convert mbr

6) (You may need to reboot again). Install Windows 7 like you normally would, activate etc.
7) The WiFi drivers you have to get from the Sager notebook site. Intel Wireless-N 7260 Windows 7 driver. It says Wireless-AC but it’ll work, trust me. Ferry the exe to your laptop via a USB stick. Run the exe to uncompress it, then go to the Win7Plus folder, Win64, Drivers, Win7 and run DPInst64.exe (and iProDifX.exe?). Also run setup.exe that’s located in Win7Plus\Win64\Install. That made the WiFi work on my laptop.
8) The rest of the drivers you can locate on Sony’s support site.

Edited by sp1ke0kill3r, 04 August 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#3 !Laziale!

!Laziale!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

yes, i changed boot sequence, made usb as primary... this it didnt worked...

in OS, The Usb and External Dvd worked very well but when wanted to boot into Usb or External Dvd its liked it didnt recognized!

I didnt had spoken with Sony... plus made back up of recovery

#4 sp1ke0kill3r

sp1ke0kill3r

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:24 PM

!Laziale!

And did you follow the steps described in the post I added from the sony forum?

try different usb ports? try different drivers?

Could your image be faulty? Can you boot it on another machine? Firmware?

Edited by sp1ke0kill3r, 04 August 2015 - 06:44 PM.

#5 !Laziale!

!Laziale!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:51 PM

look, the usb ports are 2, and both are Intel Usb 3.... the main problem is recognizing the usb or external dvd.... so i can get into windows installation..

image is fine...

firmware? you mean updating it in the windows...

#6 sp1ke0kill3r

sp1ke0kill3r

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:38 AM

yet one port might be buggy. It doesn't hurt to try another port to verify that.

You say "The main problem is recognizing the usb or external dvd."
If the "The Usb and External Dvd worked very well" then they are being recognized. The problem seems to be they aren't showing up as bootable.
This sounds like either the device is not being looked at or their is an issue
with the media.

If the devices aren't being recognized as boot devices, you've either done something wrong or are having some problem with firmware etc. Ruling out
what MIGHT be wrong is what problem determination is all about.
You need to make sure the install media actually works. It's not enough to
insist it's fine.  

#7 sp1ke0kill3r

sp1ke0kill3r

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:32 AM

Try disabling usb 3 in bios.

BTW any error mssgs?

Edited by sp1ke0kill3r, 05 August 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#8 !Laziale!

!Laziale!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

look, the devices are bootable cuz worked in another pc... could be firmware,how could i do it?...

and theres no alot options in the bios...

heres pics...

Attached File  20150805_233809.jpg   57.2KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20150805_233754.jpg   57.76KB   0 downloads

#9 sp1ke0kill3r

sp1ke0kill3r

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:33 PM

You wrote that "when i tried to install windows 7 or 10 by USB or External Dvd it recognize it, i mean it didnt appeard at all on the screen."
This suggests your not consistently seeing the boot device (USB stick or DVD) . What Option appear under Advanced or Main

If you don't have an OS installed, I would suggest 

1.) you install one (try the recovery disk) and

2.) That you get the latest chipset driver from either the boards manufacturer, Sony or Microsoft) It might even be worth seeing if MS has a driver

because they reportedly check for windows compatibility so a native driver might be make a difference

#10 !Laziale!

!Laziale!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Thanks alot for the advice...

#11 sp1ke0kill3r

sp1ke0kill3r

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:01 PM

So you're giving up?

#12 !Laziale!

!Laziale!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

am nt giving up... it matters the recognizing on boot.. thats the big problem!... cant deal it!

#13 sturnus

sturnus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

hi

I have sony vaio fit multi-flip11a and i have the same porblem. I want to make clean instalation od windows 10. I made the bootable ubs stick with image of win10 and  i set up external device as start i bios option.

Vaio didn't recognize usb and  screen is freezing on vaio logo. 

I spent few days to search solution and programs like rufus, easyefi etc. and everything fail:/ I dont now what is wrong. ps sorry for my english:)

#14 sp1ke0kill3r

sp1ke0kill3r

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

Sturnus

Why would rufus etc help your problem when the machine is freezing before bootup and that it's not recognizing this piece of hardware?

Clearly this is either a configuration issue or firmware. Incidentally Sony, is cautioning users about upgrading to win 10

"In a message to Sony laptop owners, the firm has pleaded for patience when it comes to installing the new operating system (OS) due to the real risk of software or driver corruption that could result in a catastrophic data loss.  Sony says   if customers don't wait for the test results then there is a chance that their computer "may no longer work as intended." This can mean anything from the system crashing, becoming unresponsive or suffering from hardware damage. The bottom line is that tapping Sony to service your PC following any of these issues could result in "losing all of the data" on your computer.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/sony-warns-pc-customers-to-wait-before-upgrading-to-windows-10-1301218  

#15 sp1ke0kill3r

sp1ke0kill3r

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:42 PM

!Laziale!

You need to be more descriptive about what you are doing and seeing. Since I am not sitting there with you, I can't tell exactly what your doing or see what you see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users