Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 DirectX 12 problem

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 FarmerButch

FarmerButch

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:35 AM

Hi, I just got Windows 10 yesterday, and I wanted to play some of my games, but it says I need a higher version of graphics card, I checked my DirectX version and it was 11.2 I tried upgrading it to 12 but i couldn't find any DirectX 12 downloads for Windows 10 I tried DirectX end-user runtime download but it made no difference, please help!!Attached File  DirectX 11.2.png   706.63KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Engine Error.png   8.19KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:30 AM

Hi FarmerButch :)

A "higher version of graphic card" means graphic card drivers, not DirectX version. Follow the instructions below please.

mYEYEX7.pngDevice Manager
Follow the instructions below for your version of Windows to open the Device Manager;
  • On Windows XP, right-click on My Computer, then go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager;
  • On Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the Windows Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties;
  • On Windows 8, bring your cursor in the bottom-left corner of the screen, wait for the metro preview to show then right-click on it and select Device Manager;
  • On Windows 8.1, right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Device Manager;
  • From the System window, click on Device Manager in the left pane;
  • Expand the Display adapters column;
  • Take a screenshot of the Device Manager window and attach it in your next post;
mq1pzD6.pngHow to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
Follow the instructions below to take a screenshot using Windows' Snipping Tool:
  • Press on the Win Key + R to open the Run box;
  • Enter SnippingTool and press on Enter;
  • The Snipping Tool will open, asking you to choose the area to take in the screenshot;
  • Left click on the area where you want to start the screenshot, keep it, and drag the cursor across the screen;
  • Once done, release the left button to take the screenshot;
  • In the editing window, click on the File menu then Save As;
  • Save the screenshot in a folder that you can access easily;
  • Attaching the screenshot in your reply
    • Go in your thread and click on the Reply to this topic button in the top-right corner;
      85hPFGu.png
    • Below the text box you'll have the option to Attach files. Click on the Choose Files... button, navigate to your screenshot and select it;
      LKVBzF7.png
    • Once done, add a comment to your reply and post it;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 FarmerButch

FarmerButch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:49 AM

Here Attached File  Untitled.png   660.24KB   0 downloads

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:57 AM

Can you just click on the little arrow by the Display adapters to show the devices that are under it? Then take a new screenshot please.

06n75Ex.png

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 FarmerButch

FarmerButch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:02 AM

Attached File  Display Adapters.png   659.64KB   0 downloads

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:04 AM

Alright. Right-click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, then select Properties. From there, go to the Details tab and select Hardware Ids in the list. You can either take a screenshot of the properties window, or just copy/paste the first line that will appear in the middle of the window.

unite_blue.png

#7 FarmerButch

FarmerButch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:12 AM

Attached File  Details.png   696.29KB   1 downloads

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:16 AM

Download and install these drivers.

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03137921M/1/Video_Driver_7W9YT_WN32_10.18.15.4240_A00.EXE

Once done, restart your computer.

unite_blue.png

#9 FarmerButch

FarmerButch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:06 AM

Works like a charm, thanks a lot bub

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:06 AM

No problem Farmer :) While I'm at it, do you want me to link you the drivers for the PCI Simple Communications Controller that aren't installed?

unite_blue.png

#11 FarmerButch

FarmerButch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

Didnt make sense to me of what u said, could u repeat in simpler words?

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:47 PM

There's a device that isn't installed on your system.

EFVdnz2.png

Do you want me to link you the drivers for it so you can install them?

unite_blue.png

#13 FarmerButch

FarmerButch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

Sure, tho how does it help?

Also im kinda new to this site so can u add me and why dont we PM instead of posting here

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:56 PM

Assistance via PM isn't allowed per BleepingComputer Rules :)

All help must be provided in the forums or on our IRC Chat channel. We do not allow support to be provided or requested via personal message, email, or remote desktop control programs (Logmein, TeamViewer, etc).

Source: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/

And it'll allow you to use one more device on your system, yes. Right-click on it (PCI Simple Communications Controller) and select Properties. From there go to the Details tab and select Hardware Ids in the drop down list. Copy/paste the first line that will appear in the middle box here.

unite_blue.png

#15 FarmerButch

FarmerButch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:00 PM

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_06121028&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_06121028
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&CC_0780

Though honestly I wanted u as a friend just for fun, not assistance, I mean nobody really helps people that much these, days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users