Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Attached to Windows Folder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tabber

tabber

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:05 AM

I have Avast as my anti virus program. I ran a boot scan and was able to delete all but three infected files that were in a windows folder. A few days later my computer prompted me to run another boot scan and now about 100 files in windows folders are infected. I'm not sure what to do so I won't ruin my operating system. It says the files are infected by win 32:Adware CWH {PUP} and PUP-gen {PUP} to name a few.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:00 AM

Hello,

please download MiniToolBox by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator and make sure that these options are checked :

•  
  • Flush DNS
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List Installed Programs

Post log here .

Step 2

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator, accept terms of usage, and wait while database is updating.

After it's done with updating, click Scan button and wait while it's scanning.

All found items remove by clicking on Cleaning button, and allow tool to restart.

After restart will make a log which you will attach or paste in your reply.

Step 3

Download JRT by Malwarebytes and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator,accept disclaimer by pressing Y, and wait while it's scanning system.

Tool will automatically scan and remove all found items, if tool requires restart, allow it to do so.

Attach log here.

Step 4

Scan with Malwarebytes AntiRootkit

Please download MBAR and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator, tool will extract itself, and then launch.

Click Next to accept terms and conditions, and click Update to obtain latest definitions.

If malware is found click on Cleanup button , but make sure that Create restore point option is checked before proceeding !

Program will ask you to restart, allow it to do so.

Note: If you're experiencing internet connection issues or other anomalies after running MBAR and removal of rootkits, it is recommended to run fixdamage.exe located inside mbar folder. Run it as Administrator and press Y if asks you do you want to continue.

Attach log here .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users