Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble with Games

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 FU5R0D4H

FU5R0D4H

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:47 PM

Hello,

So i am a gamer who just install Windows 10 Home 64x on my Laptop. But ever since i got it, a few of my games (Star Wars Battlefront II, Borderlands, Gmod, and Dungeons and Dragons Online) stopped working. i mean when they startup i am just stuck with this black screen with nothing on it. i hear the audio from the games but never the picture.This only happens to a few of my games. Are these games just not compatible with Windows 10? Is there anyway around this?

Thank you,

FU5R0D4H 

Edited by FU5R0D4H, 03 August 2015 - 04:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:56 PM

You need to reinstall your graphics drivers. I had the same thing happen to me too.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 FU5R0D4H

FU5R0D4H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

You need to reinstall your graphics drivers. I had the same thing happen to me too.

Alright thank you!

#4 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:18 PM

No problem!

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 FU5R0D4H

FU5R0D4H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:22 PM

No problem!

I just tried to re-install it and it says my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements. what?

#6 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

What are your PC's specs? Did you install the right driver for your graphics card?

#7 FU5R0D4H

FU5R0D4H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:30 PM

What are your PC's specs? Did you install the right driver for your graphics card?My

My Graphics are Intel HD 3000, i have an Intel Core i5 GPU, I have about 500 GB of HDD space, and I have 4GB of RAM. I am pretty sure it is the right Driver because i keep all of my Drivers in a folder on my computer. Should i download a newer version of the driver? would that fix it? i wouldn't know where to get the Driver because i don't think the Acer Website keeps the drivers for my computer updated on their website.

#8 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

The core i5 is your CPU. Let's see... Well, according to SystemRequirementsLab, the HD 3000 graphics just won't cut it for some of your games. You need a dedicated graphics card.

#9 FU5R0D4H

FU5R0D4H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:17 PM

The core i5 is your CPU. Let's see... Well, according to SystemRequirementsLab, the HD 3000 graphics just won't cut it for some of your games. You need a dedicated graphics card.

what is a dedicated Graphics Card? and the games that don't work, worked fine when i had Windows 7. 

#10 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

A dedicated graphics card is one that is designed for a specific purpose. The HD series is integrated and not really for gaming.

#11 FU5R0D4H

FU5R0D4H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:46 PM

A dedicated graphics card is one that is designed for a specific purpose. The HD series is integrated and not really for gaming.

yeah, my computer is definitely not for gaming. But it worked with the games that don't work now after i installed Windows 10. 

#12 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:47 PM

I'm guessing the only way to fix this is to roll your computer back to Windows 7.

#13 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

Hi -

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - , << Read Here - taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

This will give the current standing of your situation Re Installed cards and Central Processing Unit -

Thank You..

#14 FU5R0D4H

FU5R0D4H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:53 PM

I'm guessing the only way to fix this is to roll your computer back to Windows 7.

I just found out that there is an HD 3000 Driver made for Windows 10. i will try to install it and if it still does not work, than i will go back to windows 7 for now. Thank you. you have been very helpful.

#15 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:54 PM

You're welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users