Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading Graphics Card and CPU

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Slamah

Slamah

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:12 PM

CPU- i5 4670k 3.4 ghz

CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

GPU- EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX

RAM- 8gb DDR3 1600 mhz

PSU- Corsair CX 750w 

MOBO- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H LGA 1150

Hey guys i was thinking of upgrading my Graphics Card and CPU

Would the GTX 980 be a good upgrade? or should i save up a couple months more and get a gtx 980 ti? (i dont want to be upgrading components every year).

Also is my CPU alright? or should i upgrade it also and get maybe an i7 4790k

Should i upgrade to 16gb ram i like to multitask alot and ive noticed my memory gets used up to like 70-90% when im gaming and multitasking.

Last question if i would sell my gpu and cpu how much do you think it would go for? (Compnents are less than a year old, cleaned for dust every two months and never overclocked.)

-Thanks for reading my thread and responding !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

Your CPU is OK, RAM should be upgraded if your current amount isn't enough, and yes, you probably should wait for the 980 Ti. :)

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 Slamah

Slamah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:24 PM

Your CPU is OK, RAM should be upgraded if your current amount isn't enough, and yes, you probably should wait for the 980 Ti. :)

Ive noticed when i would stream/record games like CSGO, GTA V, H1Z1 my frames would drop where it would at times be annoying to play. Do you think that is my CPU or GPU?

#4 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

Some game recorders eat up system resources a lot. A recorder I would recommend is Open Broadcaster Software. It's free and doesn't eat up resources.

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 Slamah

Slamah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

Some game recorders eat up system resources a lot. A recorder I would recommend is Open Broadcaster Software. It's free and doesn't eat up resources.

I use OBS i manage to record/stream at 720p 30fps but can go up to 60fps or 1080p if would want to record at 1080p 60fps without any problems with my experience what would need an upgrade

#6 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

60fps isn't a standard recording rate, and it makes your videos much larger, which takes away more resources while you are playing. If at all, you should upgrade your GPU to a 980 or something in the 900 series if you want to play smoothly at 1080p then. Your CPU is fine.

#7 Slamah

Slamah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

60fps isn't a standard recording rate, and it makes your videos much larger, which takes away more resources while you are playing. If at all, you should upgrade your GPU to a 980 or something in the 900 series if you want to play smoothly at 1080p then. Your CPU is fine.

Thanks man 

#8 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

From what I've come to understand you will want to make sure you are not saving your stream to the same physical hard drive as your playing your game from. 

#9 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

YeahBleeping brought up a good point. If the stream is constantly writing to the same hard drive that game is, the hard drive will have to split the speed between the two programs.

#10 Slamah

Slamah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

YeahBleeping brought up a good point. If the stream is constantly writing to the same hard drive that game is, the hard drive will have to split the speed between the two programs.

From what I've come to understand you will want to make sure you are not saving your stream to the same physical hard drive as your playing your game from. 

Yea i run the games off my SSD and save on my HDD 

#11 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Then you should be OK...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users