Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Envy Beats 1114 System Fan Error 90B

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 md92h

md92h

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:54 AM

I'm getting a System Fan error 90B on HP Envy Beats edition 1114. on HP Support website i have found solutions like hardware reset and ... and i have tried them all but the same error still exist. so according to them i have to replace the fan. problems is there are 2 fans! which one should i replace? because from the looks of them, both are spinning and i can feel almost the same amount of air pressure produced by both fans (on my hand). i can replace them both but the owner doesn't want to pay too much. can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,495 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

Well, the outlook is not good on that error message; link:   http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/HP-Pavilian-System-Fan-90B-Error/td-p/379073

The only time a computer ever shut down on me with a fan error message is when the CPU either overheated or would not start because I had plugged the CPU fan into an incorrect plug, not the the FAN_1 socket on the mainboard. If you are going to replace any fan, the CPU would be first choice. However, from what I gleaned from that website, that may not be the problem. Unfortunately, HP for the last couple of years has numerous problems with its lap units, especially overheating problems. If you are not experienced in removing the mainboard and replacing the heatsink fan, be careful. Sometimes it's better to hand the unit back to the owner and let him deal with it. You touch it, it becomes your responsibility. Just one man's opinion.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users