Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Lot of Glitches and Erratic Sluggishness

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 runger723

runger723

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:16 PM

I'm running Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with 8 gb of RAM and an Intel core i7 processor

The computer has been sluggish since Windows 8.1 was the operating system. I would get an email which would take 20 minutes to open, then try to download a document from it that would take longer, then open in compatibility mode and refuse to enable editing. After months of these kinds of problems, I took the laptop to Best Buy where I paid to have it repaired. When I got the computer back, the Geek Squad told me that there had been some malware slowing down the system, but it should all be gone and ready to update to Windows 10. So I went home and tested the computer, which seemed to be running a bit faster than before, though I didn't test for any glitches.

So I installed windows 10, and now it's gotten a lot worse. The computer takes 5 minutes to reach the login page, and when it comes up, the accessibility center flashes on and off in the bottom right. Upon signing in, the shortcuts on the bottom of the screen come up one at a time and blink at times, and the start menu often locks up and refuses to open at all. The white icons in the bottom right of the screen have gone from 9 icons to only 2 (notifications and WiFi) as the battery icon and volume icon have both disappeared completely. Upon opening a document from the hard drive, the computer added 20 blank file icons to the desktop with no names. When I tried to delete them, they wouldn't go away, and right clicking them did not give me any options except "create desktop shortcut." No programs will open anymore, and attempting to open task manager gives the prompt. "no such interface supported." I tried to force the computer off by holding the power switch, but that only put it into sleep mode. When I took out the battery and put it back in, then powered the laptop on, everything was back to normal, though sluggish. Things like this keep happening. Any ideas? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

Let's take a look at these reports for starters.  It may take a while to generate them with the system being so sluggish, so please be patient and let them complete.:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you're not having BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Edited by usasma, 05 August 2015 - 06:48 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users