Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is my computers issue?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Parity

Parity

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

Lately my computer has been acting up pretty strange. I have issues playing League of Legends - normally I can play on medium graphics and some high settings, but ever since about mid June I have needed to play on low graphics settings and my fps still sometimes lags my computer when playing. 

My laptop will also freeze usually once a day(when I leave computer running and I'm away for an extended period of time - 5+ hours?)

Could my hard dive be failing or is my graphics card the reason for my issue? I'm completely lost. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:13 PM

For starters, you should definitely update your graphics drivers (unless you forgot to mention it). And you should defragment your drive too to be on the safe side. :)

This may also be due to high temperatures.

Edited by gigawert, 02 August 2015 - 07:13 PM.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

For starters, you should definitely update your graphics drivers (unless you forgot to mention it). And you should defragment your drive too to be on the safe side. :)

This may also be due to high temperatures.

Did all of that, nothing works.

#4 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

How old is your computer? Even if it is just a few months old, you'd be surprised how much dust can collect inside it. Blow it all out with a can of compressed air or a hair dryer and then restart the machine. Also try defragmenting the hard drive.

About your computer being slow after an extended period on~ that may be because your RAM (temp storage) is filled up and you need to restart the computer. :)

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

How old is your computer? Even if it is just a few months old, you'd be surprised how much dust can collect inside it. Blow it all out with a can of compressed air or a hair dryer and then restart the machine. Also try defragmenting the hard drive.

About your computer being slow after an extended period on~ that may be because your RAM (temp storage) is filled up and you need to restart the computer. :)

4 years old.

I did that a week ago. 

Computer isn't slow. The game League of Legends has low FPS issues, which in turn goes towards the graphics card or hard drive..

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:43 PM

What laptop brand, model is it? I don't play computer games by the way.

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

#7 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:24 PM

VPCF236FM

Sony Vaio Windows 7

GeForce 

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/C32UINlm0EtSDE1gu2HB5of

EDIT: Turned off the hard disk to never. So that way my hard disk is running all the time. Hopefully that fixes the computer freezing issue?

Edited by Parity, 02 August 2015 - 09:49 PM.

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:24 PM

Did you check real time the temperatures as this is a laptop? I see you have Iobit installed, can you remove this software as it is not recommended especially here @ BC. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#9 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:41 PM

Yes, temperatures were always fine.

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:15 AM

EDIT: Turned off the hard disk to never. So that way my hard disk is running all the time. Hopefully that fixes the computer freezing issue?

The power settings plan for hard disk is not related to the freezing issue since your computer is active :) and not on idle. Remove Iobit also just in case.

Tekken

#11 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:59 PM

The power settings plan for hard disk is not related to the freezing issue since your computer is active :) and not on idle. Remove Iobit also just in case.

Removed it, still freezing overnight.

#12 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:25 AM

Is it only particular to playing PC Games?

Attribute name: 
G-sense error rate
Real value: 
Current: 1
Worst: 1
Threshold: 0
Raw Value: 00000006DA

This value must be of something contributing to the problem at hand. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.

Tekken

#13 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

Is it only particular to playing PC Games?

Attribute name: 
G-sense error rate
Real value: 
Current: 1
Worst: 1
Threshold: 0
Raw Value: 00000006DA

This value must be of something contributing to the problem at hand. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.

Not sure what that means, what would be my next step?

#14 Dualcomm

Dualcomm

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

Defrag your hard drive and update your drivers, also buy a cooling pad, it can help.

#15 Parity

Parity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:05 PM

Did all that, cooling pad not needed as I never have issues with heat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users