Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggest me a good monitor For watching fhd movies

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 maxxxgupta007

maxxxgupta007

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:33 AM

Please someone suggest me a good monitor under 300$ or little bit near 350$ not more than that..
If u can't suggest particular model name please suggest the company whose monitors are reliable in 23-27 inch range..most preferably 27 inch monitor and should be full hd
I need atleast Hdmi connectivity in the monitor
Any suggestion welcome

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

This looks pretty promising to me: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-27-led-hd-monitor-black/4753004.p?id=1219103680327&skuId=4753004&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=4753004&extensionType=pla_multichannel:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!91140902239!g!!58550538199&kpid=4753004&k_clickid=5e4e2caf-56ee-4513-a116-18e11d237d6f&kpid=4753004&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=5e4e2caf-56ee-4513-a116-18e11d237d6f&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg6560&ksdevice=c

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 maxxxgupta007

maxxxgupta007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

This looks pretty promising to me: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-27-led-hd-monitor-black/4753004.p?id=1219103680327&skuId=4753004&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=4753004&extensionType=pla_multichannel:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!91140902239!g!!58550538199&kpid=4753004&k_clickid=5e4e2caf-56ee-4513-a116-18e11d237d6f&kpid=4753004&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=5e4e2caf-56ee-4513-a116-18e11d237d6f&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg6560&ksdevice=c

I have shortlisted few of monitors..sadly this one u recommended is not available in my country..
Could u tell me if I wanna buy a monitor for movies and media..what size panel Should I try?
Is there any graphic card requirement or compatibility for monitors or straight forward any monitor can work with any cpu

#4 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

Well, I could only answer that if I know what your specs are. Can you do the following:

Download Speccy (https://www.piriform.com/speccy) and install it to your computer.

Take a screenshot of the results and post it here.

Edited by gigawert, 03 August 2015 - 02:47 PM.

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 maxxxgupta007

maxxxgupta007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:50 PM

Well, I could only answer that if I know what your specs are. Can you do the following:

Download Speccy (https://www.piriform.com/speccy) and install it to your computer.

Take a screenshot of the results and post it here.

I get what u saying but this monitor is for new rig..i can tell u the processor I am going to buy..its either AMD a10 7870k or 7850k
As it had IGPU so it eliminates need for buying another GPU and i need only for movies so it is sufficient..

#6 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

Yes, AMDs already come with a pretty powerful GPU built into them so you don't need another one if you are just watching videos.

Are you building this PC or are you upgrading a current ones to the AMD A10? Because if you are upgrading, you need to make sure that the socket number of your motherboard and that CPU matches. If you are building it and you aren't sure, check for compatibility by choosing your parts and putting them together in a parts list on PCPartPicker.com. :)

#7 maxxxgupta007

maxxxgupta007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:28 AM

Yes, AMDs already come with a pretty powerful GPU built into them so you don't need another one if you are just watching videos.

Are you building this PC or are you upgrading a current ones to the AMD A10? Because if you are upgrading, you need to make sure that the socket number of your motherboard and that CPU matches. If you are building it and you aren't sure, check for compatibility by choosing your parts and putting them together in a parts list on PCPartPicker.com. :)

Yeah building out from scratch..and i decided most of the components but might buy most of stuff possibly at new year or year end..because have to save money for new smartphone..possibly new moto x which it totally love it..
But I will keep on updating my list in next subsequent months to make affordable media, casual gaming rig
Just suggest me a good monitor screen size for movies..i have been using laptop for so long..that i don't know much about size of monitors and wanna know what people in general size of monitor prefer for movies
And which company make good monitors consistently?
I find dell to have many good monitors but so is Acer and now I am confused..so far I chose lg and don't know is ben q or aoc good companies for monitors..any suggestion about monitor brands is welcome

#8 maxxxgupta007

maxxxgupta007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:30 AM

Yeah building out from scratch..and i decided most of the components but might buy most of stuff possibly at new year or year end..because have to save money for new smartphone..possibly new moto x which it totally love it..
But I will keep on updating my list in next subsequent months to make affordable and best possible for my budget media, casual gaming(that's why amd A10-7870K ) rig
Just suggest me a good monitor screen size for movies..i have been using laptop for so long..that i don't know much about size of monitors and wanna know what people in general size of monitor prefer for movies
I find dell to have many good monitors but so is Acer and now I am confused..so far I chose lg and don't know is ben q or aoc good companies for monitors..any suggestion about monitor brands is welcome

building out from scratch..and i decided most of the components but might buy most of stuff possibly at new year or year end..because have to save money for new smartphone..possibly new moto x which it totally love it..
But I will keep on updating my list in next subsequent months to make affordable and best possible for my budget media, casual gaming(that's why amd A10-7870K ) rig

Edited by maxxxgupta007, 04 August 2015 - 11:43 AM.

#9 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:49 AM

I've recently bought a 24" BenQ monitor for my son's computer that he and I are very happy with.

#10 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:50 AM

I found the ASUS 22 inch unit to be excellent for HD and BlueRay video media.  When shopping for a new monitor, I looked real close at some of the HD TV sets with HDMI and PC-VGA inputs.  Newer monitors also have a DVI option but reports are mixed on getting some PCs to drive the DVI properly.  Many adapters can help but are also a mixed bag of results.

#11 maxxxgupta007

maxxxgupta007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

I found the ASUS 22 inch unit to be excellent for HD and BlueRay video media.  When shopping for a new monitor, I looked real close at some of the HD TV sets with HDMI and PC-VGA inputs.  Newer monitors also have a DVI option but reports are mixed on getting some PCs to drive the DVI properly.  Many adapters can help but are also a mixed bag of results.

I take it if u saying hd u meant full hd ..because I am looking for monitors at 1080p not qhd and not hd
I finalised some..and frankly i need only Hdmi port..i don't have any other device with dvi or any port but I have my old laptop which has vga port and i am not much keen to attach it with any new monitor if i buy one
I need a monitor with good contrast ratio and Ips panel is must..doesn't require high refresh rate as I am not a gamer just for media
On paper u see..every monitor has comparable and same specs but In real life some may lack colour or some are n not bright enough
I don't wanna suffer from that as I am ordering every component online so..it makes hard to compare them at close level
That's why i am Asking any good brand
I found a monitor..highest recommended on most sites and price is also good
Dell S2240L it's 21.5 inch and idk if it's adequate size for watching movies and stuff..i dont wanna go more than 24 inch and i need advice whether 21.5 inch is sufficient or should I take a look at 23 or 24 inch panels

#12 maxxxgupta007

maxxxgupta007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:53 AM

I've recently bought a 24" BenQ monitor for my son's computer that he and I are very happy with.

Could u share model number..of that monitor..i will check it in my country for price and availability

#13 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

The unit is   ASUS K222HQL.   Yes. I did look expressly for 1080P and it does that fine.   The limiting factor is the GPU, either on board or plugin card is the maximum resolution.

#14 maxxxgupta007

maxxxgupta007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:41 PM

The unit is   ASUS K222HQL.   Yes. I did look expressly for 1080P and it does that fine.   The limiting factor is the GPU, either on board or plugin card is the maximum resolution.

I find reviews favourable for this monitor but at this price range..i would prefer dell one which I mentioned..but thanx for tip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users