Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Driver issues on windows 10.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RossDG

RossDG

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:39 AM

I recently upgraded to windows 10 and everything worked fine, except my sound isn't working. Windows seems to keep installing one driver that doesn't work. I go to device manager and uninstall the drivers and say "search for new hardware" it installs another driver that works but then when I reboot my pc the old driver that doesn't work is reinstalled how can I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,936 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:30 AM

Hi,

The new Windows 10 auto update feature in its best :whistle:

Try to disable the automatic device driver download to see if it helps...

http://windowsinstructed.com/disable-automatic-device-driver-download-in-windows-10/

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 Rickkins

Rickkins

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

Yes, every update, even the ones listed as "security" updates, breaks my sound.

As a result, I will not be installing ANY more updates. Period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users