Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7/8.1 dual boot corrupt 7 and wish to upgrade 7 to 10?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TeePav

TeePav

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:22 AM

Not sure I'm posting in the correct spot but it's a start...and I'll thank you ahead of time for any advice!

I have a dual booting all in one desktop win 7/and 8.1 64bit both systems -- of course win 7 was first and has the largest amount of hard drive space -- loaded 8.1 after the fact and enjoyed them both...slowing switching over to 8.1 as it's been reliable and does not seem corrupted like win 7...I had virus and malware on both and they seem to be clean especially 8.1 but win 7 is bad....the win 10 update flag will not show up in win 7 but shows up in win 8.1...I tried all the fixes and updates to try and get the update for win 7 but still cannot get it...also some security software I've lost in win 7 and cannot get it to install while others seem to work --- very long story.

I had lost admin rights but got it back have tried sfc and various other fixes some messed things up others seem to help.....I've downloaded the ISO file and thought about doing a clean install on the win 7 side but not sure what I'm doing --- too much reading!! confusing to say the least...i read a string that said it's best to repair Win 7 than to upgrade with a corrupt system? Heck I'm not even sure about the clean install procedure with dual boot and do not want to loose 8.1.....almost hate using the win 7 side for fear that something is still on it -- all scans and software I have used from this site and others are saying it's OK but still issue around installing/uninstalling -- have run repair tools from Microsoft to try and get things working correctly still no luck....any help would be appreciated...Thanks Tony....thought I would give this a shot never asked for online help before!

Edited by hamluis, 02 August 2015 - 08:59 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users