Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using a TV screen with a desktop computer?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Balliol

Balliol

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:07 AM

My current TV is working but I'm buying a larger model.  Is it possible to rig up a connection and use the redundant screen with a computer?

Edited by hamluis, 02 August 2015 - 12:12 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldandretired

oldandretired

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

what type of a tv? is it a flat panel? i have 4 computers hooked to flat panel tvs for streaming and game play. all of my computers have graphics cards with hdmi outlets and they work great. the smallest tv is a 42" and the largest is a 80"

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:12 AM

Should be no problem , if the TV has either HDMI, VGA, DVI inputs.

I run HDMI from my Video Card  to a Panasonic 42" Plasma TV , but you can use what ever is supported on the rear of the TV and what ever your Video Card has or Motherboard Ports.

Cables can be bought in most configuration to suit , mine is PC Video Card  - DVI out > to HDMI Input on Plasma TV.

Some tweaking on Video Card Settings to suit on running on large screens etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users