Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC not recognizing new keyboard

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Catyleigh

Catyleigh

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:53 PM

Hi all, I bought a Logitech G910 keyboard today. When I plugged it in it did its fancy light display, then I downloaded the software for it and now it doesn't work at all- no lights, nothing. The software never recognized it. When I do plug it in, windows does the sound when something new is plugged in but that's it. It isn't listed in device manager. Any idea on how to make it work? Did I just get a faulty one? I hope not, because I just had to return a Razer Blackwidow for breaking after two days. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Caty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

There appear to be three variants of this keyboard. I don't know if their drivers are all the same or not but did you pick the correct set ?  See -

http://support.logitech.com/en_gb/product/rgb-gaming-keyboard-g910

I would approach this first by downloading the drivers again but just saving the file in any convenient temporary folder, don't run it at the moment. Then uninstall the 910 software completely and re-boot your computer, you might need a more standard keyboard plugged in for this step. Then plug in the 910. Windows should say 'Found new hardware' then ask for the drivers. At this point you can point Windows at your newly downloaded drivers and let Windows take it from there.

I would try that before I started getting annoyed with Logitech. Anybody's equipment can fail straight out of the box, but Logitech's equipment is usually reliable.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 LFos42

LFos42

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

Logitech is usually rock solid.  I would add to temporarily disable any firewall/antivirus/malware software when you are loading the driver software and having the computer try to install the device driver.

I agree to let windows try to find the driver, then after that load logitechs software.  Windows is pretty hardy in terms of finding hardware.  It sounds like it's not even trying to look, so i'd also check that you've got the keyboard plugged into a known good usb port - and not a usb hub (aka - if you have usb ports on the front of your computer, those are usually a hub, so pick a port on the backplane of your computer.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users