Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is a Member title?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:36 PM

What is it and how do you get it?

Oh and how do you enter a group?

Edited by gigawert, 01 August 2015 - 06:37 PM.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

Do you mean a member title like I have? If so, I think you can have one after 1,000 posts. Once you have the required amount of post, if you go in My Settings, you'll have the option to input a member title. It can be whatever you want, as long as it's not obscene or else.

hpOKoXF.png
QpckmR8.png

As for the "groups", are you referring to users like me with colored name? Like right now I'm in the Study Hall Junior group.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

Do you mean a member title like I have? If so, I think you can have one after 1,000 posts. Once you have the required amount of post, if you go in My Settings, you'll have the option to input a member title. It can be whatever you want, as long as it's not obscene or else.

hpOKoXF.png
QpckmR8.png

As for the "groups", are you referring to users like me with colored name? Like right now I'm in the Study Hall Junior group.

Yes, that is what I meant. :) I do mean the users with the colored name too.

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

Animal created a thread explaining what the different groups are and how to join them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80359/bleeping-computer-membership-descriptions/

To sum it up, you cannot join any of them like that. The only one you can "apply" for basically is the Study Hall Sophomore, which means that you would apply for the BleepingComputer's Study Hall and if you get accepted in, you start at this level. First Sophomore, than Junior and finally Senior. When you graduate, you became part of the Malware Response Team.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

Oh, I see.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:02 PM

Hopefully this answer your questions :)

unite_blue.png

#7 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

Yes, it did.  :guitar:

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

Good, glad that I could answer them :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users