Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD After Trying to Enter Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iman1323

iman1323

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

Recently I noticed that Avast! seemed to be blocking some actual programs that it shouldn't. I tried to uninstall Avast! from the uninstall a program selection but it would just crash during the install. I went to the Avast! website and found a tool called Avast Uninstall Utility. After installing on my computer it recommended to use the tool in safe mode and offered to reboot in safe mode for me. My computer restarted and upon trying to enter safe mode I am prompted with the BSOD. I have tried booting normally and through safe mode to no avail. 

Also when running windows startup repair, the repair finishes and says it finds no error, however, I am presented with the "send to Microsoft" screen but I am unable to navigate this menu with my mouse nor my keyboard to access other windows startup repair features.

I am typing this on my laptop. Thanks in advance for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:58 AM

Are you able to get into Windows at all?

Can you send these reports:  Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

If unable to get into Safe Mode, first try these bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

If using a UEFI system you may have to make some changes in the UEFI in order to boot from the disks.

If you have difficulties, please let us know the make and model of your system (or of the motherboard if it's a custom built system).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users