Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MMS Picture Texts not downloading

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 zorbi

zorbi

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

My Android phone (a Sharp Aquos running Android 4.4.2) has been working great for awhile, but just recently I've been having trouble with pictures in texts. Regardless of the messaging app, default or Hangouts, it won't allow me to download sent pictures. It will give me an alert saying that I've received them, but when I try to download them (in order to view the image), I get a "message could not be downloaded, touch to retry" or similar message. This happens on wifi, on my wireless network, on other wifi networks. Likewise, when I try to send picture MMS messages,  one of two things happen. Either the receiver just doesn't get it and I get an MMS cannot be stored message on my own message and the app alerts me that I couldn't send, or the receiver does get it but I get the same warnings. I feel like the first time this happened was while receiving a picture text in the default app, and it never went through and just kept downloading.

Since this error, I've factory reset twice. I've also taken my phone to the Boost store, who provides my service, and asked for advice. They were clueless.

What should I do? I'm no longer under warranty, as their only suggestion was "it looks like you haven't damaged your phone physically so try to replace it under manufacturer's warranty" which doesn't help me very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

Can you see the images with a file manager?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 zorbi

zorbi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:34 PM

I don't know, how would I go about doing that? They don't show up in any of the Android windows, like Recent or anything.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

Use the file manager that came with your device and see if you can locate the images. Or use a third party file manager like ES File Explorer, if one did not come included with your device.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 zorbi

zorbi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:40 PM

No luck

#6 zorbi

zorbi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

Hey I just want to pitch in for anyone who might have future issues like this that I called the phone manufacturer and they walked me through a process to fix it and said it was a known error, so if anyone else stumbles on this looking for help, don't be afraid to call your provider and explain the problem, at least in the case of Sharp.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing how you were able to get the manufacturer to assist with a known issue.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users