Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD Maker for Windows 10?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:50 PM

In Windows 7, there was a really good DVD maker. But I cannot find it in Windows 10. How do I get it back.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

DVD maker went away in Windows 8

#3 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:00 PM

DVD maker went away in Windows 8

Is DVDFlick a good software then?

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,945 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:13 PM

Somebody else will have to answer that question. I don't have any experience with that. From the likes here it seems to be okay.

Take a look at Ashampoo Burning Studio 2015 Free.If you provide an email, use a junk one because they will email you with offers. It is supposed to be Windows 10 compatible.

#5 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

DVDFlick doesn't actually burn to DVDs, so it basically useless... And Ashampoo requires .VOB files, which I have no idea how to get.

Edited by gigawert, 01 August 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#6 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

Also, the DVD maker exe in the old Windows installation backup says it is missing the MPEG-2 codec, so that isn't an option either.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,945 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

I know Windows 10 got rid of the ability to play DVD's so that is probably why you are missing the codec. I found this authoring software. I am not sure if it meets your needs though.

http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/

#8 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

I know Windows 10 got rid of the ability to play DVD's so that is probably why you are missing the codec. I found this authoring software. I am not sure if it meets your needs though.

http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/

I downloaded it with Chrome and it said it would harm my browsing experience and didn't let me keep the file. Let me try on a different browser...

#9 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:30 PM

Once you have a movie on your computer,wether it be formatted Mp4 or MKV or AVI you will have to use a DVD

creator program.There are some out there for free.When your done converting, the folder will contain the .VOB files.

Then you can use AShampoo to burn.I use Aone ultra dvd creator myself but it is not free just easy as hell.Converts and burns within the program.

#10 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:40 PM

DVDStyler fails once it starts trying to burn.

#11 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:08 PM

Never mind, it works now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users