Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

QUESTION: Hidden Files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kevwe2345

kevwe2345

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

My windows 7 does not have/show "file option" in the "appearance and personalisation" tab in the Control Panel. Morealso, I have attempted manipulating in the "My Document" address but couldn't access/see "advanced setting" in the "view tab". Consequently, am still unable to view my hidden files. Please, help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

Hi :welcome: to Bleeping Computer

Not sure if you are looking on the correct place check this: Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 7, 8.x, 10, or Vista

Check the Note in the end in case the option is missing.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 kevwe2345

kevwe2345
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:38 AM

Thanks, dude. But the problem still persist. In the "Organize Button", the "Folder and Search Options" command is not clickable. It appears unhighlighted unlike other commands in same address which appear obvious in 'dark color' for click. Consequently, I couldn't complete the instructions in your advice above.

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

Hi,

Is this a home computer or is it connected to a company domain?

Execute the following and post the log please.

Download SystemLook from one of the links below according to your OS Architecture and save it to your Desktop.
SystemLook (64-bit)
SystemLook (64-bit) - Mirror #2
SystemLook (32-bit)
SystemLook (32-bit) - Mirror #2
  • Double-click SystemLook/SystemLook_x64 to run it.
  • Accept the prompt Allow the program to make changes to this computer (UAC prompt)
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:
    :reg
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer /sub
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer /sub
  • Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users