Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU too hot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mjferg

mjferg

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:56 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron 560 - 5 years old. It is:

Dual Core i5 E5500@ 2.8ghz

6 Gig Ram

750mb HD

just put in Seasonic 620 PSU

room temp around 75 degrees

I see core temps up to 140F. I first thought the PSU would fix the issue, but it did not (another internal fan). This has been going on for several months (before Seasonic PSU). The CPU unit is kept clean. My thoughts now are thermal paste and a new core/heatsink fan?

Any thoughts?  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

104F = 60C  This is not that bad.  The maximum temperature for this CPU is 100C.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 mjferg

mjferg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

Thank you for the feedback about my "CPU too hot". I noticed a temp change this morning. I had it on about 60min, and I noticed that the Temp was 127, and the Core was146.

What concerned me was when I first purchased the unit, it was under 100 for both readings. I am still think about core/heatsink and fan. I am leaning that direction because I feel that I need to apply thermal paste. If I am going to do that, I may as well improve the core fan.

Any thoughts?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

When you post a temperature you need to indicate whether this is F or C.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users