Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Calculator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:25 AM

After having a really nice graphically pleasing calculator in Windows 8.1, I must say that the "stripped down" version in Windows 10 leaves lots to be desired.  Is there a app in the Windows Store that comes close to offering a Calculator more in line with the calculator that came with Windows 8.1.  I don't mind paying for one.  Any suggestions.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:54 AM

I didn't see one.  If you click on the ugly three lines (misnamed 'hamburger') at upper left, you do find a useful array of conversion types.  But you cannot use the 8.1's calculator (which yes is better), in 10.  When I tried, I got a claim that the dll it needed to run,wasn't available, and it wouldn't tell me WHAT dll, was missing. (I dual boot 8.1 with 10.)

Windows 7 calc.exe won't work, either.  XP's version might, but it's so ugly and sparse I didn't want to try it.  The file is in Windows System32, and also in Windows System32 dllcache .

Sent feedback via Insider program saying bluntly the calculator in 10 looked like a tombstone and was too big for laptops.

Edited by brainout, 01 August 2015 - 12:59 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#3 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

Still, it's better than the calculator in older versions of Windows.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users