Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sometimes my Asus G51V Lalptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lowjakx

lowjakx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

Hello all,

Hopefully I've posted this in the right place.  I have an Asus G60VX gaming PC. I'm using 64 bit Windows Vista. I had my hard drive replaced a few months ago and am now just using it a lot. Over the past week I seem to have been having this issue but now it's really coming now. It's happened twice yesterday. When I close the lid it goes into sleep mode, then when I open it, the lights on the center part of the outside of the lid (Republic of Gaming logo) come on as do a couple of lights near the power button but the screen remains black and I have to hold down the power button to restart it. I don't like doing this because I was told it fries the motherboard and harddrive. After it reboots Windows Error Recovery comes up and prompts me to go to safe mode or start windows normally. I'm pretty sure my drivers are updated although I'm not 100% sure about BIOS. I've tried enabling/disabling hibernate but according to the command prompt I don't have permission. I'm all out of ideas.  Also, when I took my PC in to get the hard drive upgraded, the guy said there was a bug in some Asus models that cause a black screen whenever you restart them.  Has anyone heard of this or did he mess something up and just told me this?  Thanks.

EDIT: Actually according to System Information it's a G60VX.

Edited by lowjakx, 01 August 2015 - 10:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lowjakx

lowjakx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

Bump

Any ideas?

#3 Dualcomm

Dualcomm

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:55 PM

Hard reseting NEVER leads to a fried motherboard or anything. Try booting into safe mode and put it to sleep and try to wake it up again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users