Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Settings Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chillum

Chillum

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

Hi ,I'm a CIS premium user and need to know which network location setting that I should be using.My Windows home group setting is public so should I choose public or 'I'm at home' Comodo setting? (I chose home on Comodo install) and if I am to change this setting how can I do this?.I've already posted this question on Comodo's forum but nobody seems to want to answer this newbie question so thought that I would have better luck on here from you guys.

Any info would be much appreciated ..Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,565 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:48 PM

Hello it appears no one has an answer to this..

So I'll suggest looking here
https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4735-Advanced-Firewall-Settings.html

OR start a topic at Comodo they are usually prompt.
http://forums.comodo.com/comodo-firewall-b50.0/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Chillum

Chillum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for your reply.It seems like you are right and no one knows the answer.I'd of expected a simple option of choosing how comodo should treat my location (like on the install) but it doesn't seem to exist.I already posted on the official Comodo forum about this but was ignored.Thanks once again for your effort.

#4 sAyer

sAyer

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:21 AM

Simply go to advanced settings under Firewall select Network Zones and delete everything other than the Loopback Zone. Reboot and the selection prompt for you choice should appear again. You can also right click and add your own Zones as well as edit the exsiting zones already in there. You can also simply add new addresses to your exsisting zones.

Under Firewall Settings make sure that enable automatic detection of private networks is checked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users