Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AC power no longer working in Win 7 64 bit SP1 laptop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:46 AM

My AC power is not showing as working anymore , I plug it in and it doesn't show unless I disable the " Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery driver " .    

The one other thing that I can't figure out is my modem is going crazy with the blinking lights , the modem never blinks much at all , never has , i know the computers completely clean but ever since my AC adapter started not responding the modem lights just go crazy.  I have no router, just an Ethernet cable.

Odd thing is that the battery level indicator shows it has 10 hours left when my AC power cord is plugged in , when I take it out the battery level indicator shows 1 hour left but if I remove the battery and leave it plugged in the computer will not power on , it only powers up with battery installed.

Any ideas

Update

Just noticed with the AC power plugged in the battery icon seems stuck on 10 hours and says it has 35% remaining ,  when i unplug the AC power it shows 1 hour left .

Regarding the non stop modem blinking , it's just the modem , i looked at the laptop activity light and it's barely blinking so i don't know what to make of it.

2nd update:

Ran sfc/scannow and checkdsk and no issues , modem is still going nuts (it's always shown very very little activity going way back so i don't know why the constant blinking ) looks like it's in a non stop download state .

It usually blinks here and there but nothing even remotely close to what i'm seeing now. 

I have "microsoft compliant control method " disabled in device manager and that seems to keep the computer usable and prevent running out of power .

Unplugged and reset the modem numerous times to no avail. Ran numerous on demand scans in regular and safe mode and no issues so i'm at a loss.  Power supply is not damaged and cord is OK .

Thats the latest.

Edited by herbman, 01 August 2015 - 05:13 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users