Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Pc/svchost.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 tamegomaith

tamegomaith

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:57 AM

Hi folks

Slow PC time again. When I start my PC it's slow enough starting up. It takes a while for AVG, ZA, Ewido and that to load. But once all that is done, my PC is still slow i.e. it takes a while to open up IE. While waiting for IE to open I checked my task manager and noticed that svchost.exe was using between 70-100 of the CPU for this time. after a while this CPU reduced to 5ish and is now presently at 0. Can anyone tell me if this is okay?

I had a look in the startup database and there is a big listing for this. How do I determine which one it is?

I also noticed that there is 6 svchost.exe files in task mansager, 1 has a LOCAL SERVICE username,2 hava NETWORK SERVICE u/n and 3 have a SYSTEM u/n.

I currently have a HJT log open here at the mo, and am over the worst, I think!

If any more info is required please ask as I would like to investigate.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:43 AM

I have to advise you against asking for or taking any advice while you are being help by the HJT Team. Any changes made without there recommendation could spoil their efforts up to now.
From what you are telling us in your POST you are still infected. The HJT Team should be the ONLY Staff or Members that you take advice from until they clear you.
I know you want to get passed this but patients is the best advice right now.
I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If at that time you still need help, PM myself or another Moderator and we will re-open this Topic.

Topic Closed
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users