Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 not compatable

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 redjim

redjim

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:44 AM

Tried to make the jump to 10 but my Nvidia GeForce7100/NVIDIA enForce 630i is not compatable.
Am I doomed or can this be cured?

According to Nvidia website I have the correct driver

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:21 AM

Hi redjim :)

Where do you see that your graphic card isn't compatible?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

Hi redjim :)

Where do you see that your graphic card isn't compatible?

When I clicked on the Microsoft app in the bottom right of my screen it said it wasn't compatable.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

Do you have two cards Nvidia GeForce7100 and NVIDIA enForce 630i? Are they in SLI right now?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

Do you have two cards Nvidia GeForce7100 and NVIDIA enForce 630i? Are they in SLI right now?

To be totally honest I have no idea, I always assumed it was all one. And I don't know what SLI is.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:47 AM

If you go in the Device Manager, under Display Adapters, which cards appears there?

unite_blue.png

#7 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

If you go in the Device Manager, under Display Adapters, which cards appears there?

I see both of them.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

According to the NVIDIA drivers webpage, your Nvidia GeForce7100 doesn't have Windows 10 ready drivers, this could be the reason.

unite_blue.png

#9 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:34 AM

Yes and they didn't mention if and when they would.

#10 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:26 AM

Hi, just an FYI the nForce 630i is an old motherboard chipset for Intel LGA775 Core 2/Pentium/Celeron CPU's.  It includes an integrated Geforce 7100 for the display element.  Specs here.  

It's a PCIe chipset so the motherboard should have a PCIe x16 slot and it should therefore be possible to add a graphics card, if this is a sticking point for preventing the upgrade.  Low end cards which will work with Windows 10 can be had for $30-40.  The requirement is just for a Direct X 9 compatible GPU with WDDM driver.  Presumably the 7100 fails this because no compatible driver is available (it is listed as being Direct X 9.0c compatible).

7sbvuf-6.png

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:01 AM

Yeah that's what I realized after jonuk, thanks. Hardware isn't my strong point, I just know enough to not have to rely on others everyday when I have questions on it :P Also, it seems like drivers from previous version of Windows won't work for NVIDIA graphic card. At first I tried to install drivers for Windows 8.1 for my GTX 670 and it said that the system wasn't supported. So they really need driver support for Windows 10, at least, the graphic card does.

unite_blue.png

#12 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:24 AM

It looks like Nvidia do not have (and I suspect are not going to release) Windows 10 drivers for anything older than the Geforce 8xxx series.  http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

7sbvuf-6.png

#13 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

It looks like Nvidia do not have (and I suspect are not going to release) Windows 10 drivers for anything older than the Geforce 8xxx series.  http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Thanks Jonuk76

#14 Chris4835

Chris4835

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:05 PM

I have a simlar problem. My Video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 6600. My computer is actually 10 years old. but works perfect. But I wonder, if I buy another Windows 10 compatible card will my computer accept it. and if it does, will Microsoft then find other problems? Has anyone solved the video card problem and then been able to install Windows 10 without running into other problems?

#15 redjim

redjim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:16 AM

Does this mean I should change the graphic card ? and if so to what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users