Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I edit material I have scanned.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Balliol

Balliol

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

I want to be able to scan pages from a book and then paste them onto a document and edit them.  Is this possible?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:41 AM

If you have office installed try 

OCR Using Microsoft OneNote 2007.

Also have a look here  http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/top-5-free-ocr-software-tools-to-convert-your-images-into-text-nb/ 

But decide what you require and what meet your needs ,  this is only a guide and the decision is yours to try them.

Hopefully other members may give their personal view and OCR apps they use , as i dont use any or have tried any.

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:45 PM

If you just want to edit them as images, this is easy, open the scanned image in mspaint, GIMP or photoshop and edit the image, like you would edit any jpg, png, gif...

If you want to edit the text, rather than edit the image and paste new text over it to block out the original text, you will need some sort of optical character recognition, some scanners contain this function, but it can also be done with software. This allows a pdf or word document to be made from the scanned image.

Edited by rp88, 06 August 2015 - 12:45 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:12 AM

I was just playing with a little PDF file that I created from a scan with a Canon CanoScan scanner and I found that I was able to edit my document when I opened the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It is not pretty, but it is functional.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users