Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having some problems with my display, I think it's my video card

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TimRiggins88

TimRiggins88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:18 AM

So over the past week or so I've been having problems with my display. The screen would be split and the left half would be on the right side of the screen and vice versa, this usually happened when I was watching videos. I would reboot and it would be okay for a while, but now when I login to windows I get vertical blue lines everywhere or just a black screen, the login and boot screens are fine though, and I can boot into safe mode which is how I'm posting this.

I was thinking it might be the heat, but my GPU temp never went above 70C. and was usually at 55-60. My apartment is kind of hot, but the computer feels cool when I put my hand near it and the temps seem fine, usually never go over 65C and the fans don't even go above 33% speed on auto.

I don't have an extra video card to swap out to see if that's the issue and since I can boot into safe mode I'm hoping there is a more simple and cheaper fix. Would very much appreciate any help with this issue, thanks.

Specs

2.8ghz AMD phenom II 925 quad-core

Radeon 6870 GPU

4gb RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users