Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading PC Built a Year Ago

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Slamah

Slamah

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:12 PM

Hey I use my PC for Gaming, Streaming, and Recording videos. I am wondering what should i upgrade in my system in order to get more performance for the money I spend. Please list possible upgrades for the parts and pick which ones are priority. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PHyTZL BTW: i have a BenQ RL2455HM 60hz monitor, CM Storm Quickfire TK Brown, Zowie FK2

Also how much could i sell my replaced component, importantly my cpu and gpu

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TheN00bBuilder

TheN00bBuilder

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:27 PM

CPU, motherboard, RAM, and storage is fine, but we gots ta talk about your power supply and GPU. 

First off, CX series are not meant to be in any build like this. They are made for home/office PCs with little power draw and the CX750 is the most explosive-prone one out there. The GPU is also really old and an R9 390/290 could give it a run for its money. I'd try to sell the old GPU for $100 (i think) and the CX750 for $45.

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($314.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $400.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-31 23:27 EDT-0400

Edited by TheN00bBuilder, 31 July 2015 - 10:28 PM.

Sorry if I snap at you. I can't stand stupid for more than 5 minutes at a time.

#3 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:49 PM

I have a GTX 750 Ti for gaming. and it's fine to upgrade, no real need to upgrade.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 TheN00bBuilder

TheN00bBuilder

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

I have a GTX 750 Ti for gaming. and it's fine to upgrade, no real need to upgrade.

Not for some people. Yes, he has a need, in my opinion. With a CPU like that, the GTX 760 just doesn't do it justice. 

#5 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

Not for some people. Yes, he has a need, in my opinion. With a CPU like that, the GTX 760 just doesn't do it justice. 

I have a 4th gen i5 as well (a 4440 in fact).

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#6 TheN00bBuilder

TheN00bBuilder

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

Whatever. I know its a crazy concept, but sometimes people need MORE POWER than you! :o

Shocking, right?!?!?!?

#7 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:39 PM

Whatever. I know its a crazy concept, but sometimes people need MORE POWER than you! :o

Shocking, right?!?!?!?

:blink: Even little smiley thinks it's shocking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users