Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Re-install Windows Xp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ste9745

ste9745

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:41 AM

Please help I have numerous viruses and error messages and am trying to reinstall windows xp and Norton internet security.I keep getting an error message saying my current version of windows is newer and it will not allow my to install xp.there is a continue button but it is greyed out ..Any ideas ??

I am trying to wipe my current settings because of the viruses using my re-installation disc.I have saved all data required to disc.Once the disc runs it offers to install it then I get the above error message with continu greyed out.

Edited by ste9745, 12 July 2006 - 09:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:32 AM

Are you trying to clean install windows? Are you trying to do a Repair Install?
It sounds like you are trying to Repair Install over an updated version of XP. If you do not need to save any data I recommend you Wipe, Fomat, and clean install XP.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:52 AM

More than likely the version of Windows XP you have does not have Service Pack 2 on it and there fore this makes it an older version. Are you trying to do a repair-install or a full install? I would suggest that you backup all of your important data to another media like CD-R or DVD first then do a full reinstall of Windows.

An Illustrated Step By Step Instruction for Doing a Clean XP Install
http://www.socrtwo.info/cleanxpinstall.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users