Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

APPCRASH 0xc0000005 - Faulting module name unknown - League of Legends

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 homotuthot

homotuthot

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

Hello everyone,
I am experincing and trying to fix this problem like two weeks now with no luck. Both my two computers run Windows 8.1 and I can't run the game League of Legends.
I've posted to the game forums, contacted the support, tried everything they suggested like re-installing drivers, re-installing latest directx, removing unnecessary programs etc.. but with no luck so far!
So I'm posting here and I hope for a fix.
I've seen u used MTB on this forum so I am posting MTB files from both of my computers.

Thank you!!

Spoiler

Spoiler

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 homotuthot

homotuthot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:20 AM

please anyone?

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:52 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Do you still need help with this problem?

Just to be certain, have you?:

- uninstalled League of Legends

- rebooted

- downloaded a fresh copy

- install the freshly downloaded copy

The errors that you've posted point at League of Legends file problems.
Are you downloading from the official League of Legends site?

If you still need assistance, please provide these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you're not having BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 homotuthot

homotuthot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

Hello, yes I've tried everything you've mentioned above. Also sometimes I get an error from a program related to League of Legends and the error is LC End 0 of 0 I've posted on program's forum but nothing yet but even without it I still crash I've uploaded the info you wanted but I couldn't do perfmon I think because windows 8 don't give me any option to save as HTML.

http://tempsend.com/3361EED067/46F4/Data.zip

Here is all the data I gathered.

Thank you very much in advance!

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:39 AM

Just some random suggestions based on what I saw in the reports:

- as both computers won't play the game, it's gotta be something that they have in common.  Keep that in mind while we're troubleshooting.

- uninstall Asus AISuite

- delete the C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\ folder and start over.  This may also delete saved stuff, so be careful before doing it.  I'm not a LoL player, so I don't know about how it operates.

- update nVidia video drivers

- Windows Update failures - try this stuff:

There's not many experts at fixing Windows Updates.
I am not one of them.
But the few experts that there are a sorely overworked - so getting a reply will be difficult.
I'll continue to attempt to help here, but please bear with me.

First, please try the Windows Update troubleshooter/fixes listed here:
Windows Update Troubleshooter:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us
Windows Update Troubleshooter KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2714434
Reset Windows Update Components KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Then, if that doesn't fix the Windows Update problem, please do the following 2 things. (copied from here:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html ):

Run SFCFix

This free tool of neimiro's creation (see above link) is a very good starting point for the diagnosis and repair of all Windows Update and System File Checker corruptions. We therefore need you to run this tool prior to collecting logfiles.

-  First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.
        -  Work through any on-screen prompts and then await completion (runtime is approximately 15 minutes).
        -  Once it has finished, if there are any unrepaired corruptions (the tool will notify you if it has succeeded in repairing all corruptions if they're simple in which case we're no longer needed) or unresolved problems with your computer, you need to post us the complete logfile which opens on exit. Simply copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the entire logfile into your new thread (also know as a 'topic'). How to create a new thread is shown later on in this post.

Export CBS folder

-  On Windows 8, press the Windows key, type This PC, and press Enter.
        -  On Windows Vista/7, click the Start button StartButton_16x16.gif then click Computer.
        -  Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
        -  Find and double click on the Logs folder.
        -  Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
        -  Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
        -  Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
        -  A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.

As for the first item (SFCFix), just copy and paste into your post as indicated.
For the second item (CBS log), please zip it up and upload it with your next post.  I can't read these, but if an expert picks up on this topic they'll need this.
If it's too big to upload (or you get an error), just upload it to a free file hosting service (such as OneDrive or DropBox).  Ensure that it's shared and then post a link to it here.

- are there any programs that mess with the boot settings?  If so, what are they?

- Your UEFI/BIOS (version 2012) dates from 2014.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
- You have a NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter (FYI - the current driver dates from 2014):

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 and later systems - using older drivers with them is almost certain to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have the latest Win7/8/8.1 drivers - DO NOT use older drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

- no drivers installed for your Ethernet controller (wired connection).  You still need drivers even if you're not using the device.  The only time you don't need drivers is if you physically remove the device from the system or you disable the device in the BIOS/UEFI (this does not include disabling in Device Manager - it still needs drivers if done from there).

- lot's of connection failures in the WER section of MSINFO32.  This could also be a problem - so you'd have to try connecting to the internet differently (such as with a wired connection).  I have to wonder if this is due to dropped connections/weak signal?

- in May of 2015 you had a STOP 0x124 (hardware) BSOD, in July of 2015 you had a STOP 0x133 error (due to video).  I have to wonder if the 2 are related - and if so, could there be hardware problems with your video card?  Try these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html - make sure to try ALL of the video tests.

- Uninstall the Gigabyte OC Guru stuff and if overclocking, revert the system to non-overclocked settings while we're testing.    Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

- uninstall Asus TurboLAN

- MSI Afterburner (along with Riva Tuner and EVGA Precision) is known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys).  Please un-install them immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

Edited by usasma, 07 August 2015 - 06:42 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 homotuthot

homotuthot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

Just some random suggestions based on what I saw in the reports:

- as both computers won't play the game, it's gotta be something that they have in common.  Keep that in mind while we're troubleshooting.

- uninstall Asus AISuite

- delete the C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\ folder and start over.  This may also delete saved stuff, so be careful before doing it.  I'm not a LoL player, so I don't know about how it operates.

- update nVidia video drivers

- Windows Update failures - try this stuff:

There's not many experts at fixing Windows Updates.
I am not one of them.
But the few experts that there are a sorely overworked - so getting a reply will be difficult.
I'll continue to attempt to help here, but please bear with me.

First, please try the Windows Update troubleshooter/fixes listed here:
Windows Update Troubleshooter:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us
Windows Update Troubleshooter KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2714434
Reset Windows Update Components KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Then, if that doesn't fix the Windows Update problem, please do the following 2 things. (copied from here:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html ):

Run SFCFix

This free tool of neimiro's creation (see above link) is a very good starting point for the diagnosis and repair of all Windows Update and System File Checker corruptions. We therefore need you to run this tool prior to collecting logfiles.

-  First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.
        -  Work through any on-screen prompts and then await completion (runtime is approximately 15 minutes).
        -  Once it has finished, if there are any unrepaired corruptions (the tool will notify you if it has succeeded in repairing all corruptions if they're simple in which case we're no longer needed) or unresolved problems with your computer, you need to post us the complete logfile which opens on exit. Simply copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the entire logfile into your new thread (also know as a 'topic'). How to create a new thread is shown later on in this post.

Export CBS folder

-  On Windows 8, press the Windows key, type This PC, and press Enter.
        -  On Windows Vista/7, click the Start button StartButton_16x16.gif then click Computer.
        -  Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
        -  Find and double click on the Logs folder.
        -  Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
        -  Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
        -  Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
        -  A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.

As for the first item (SFCFix), just copy and paste into your post as indicated.
For the second item (CBS log), please zip it up and upload it with your next post.  I can't read these, but if an expert picks up on this topic they'll need this.
If it's too big to upload (or you get an error), just upload it to a free file hosting service (such as OneDrive or DropBox).  Ensure that it's shared and then post a link to it here.

- are there any programs that mess with the boot settings?  If so, what are they?

- Your UEFI/BIOS (version 2012) dates from 2014.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
- You have a NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter (FYI - the current driver dates from 2014):

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 and later systems - using older drivers with them is almost certain to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have the latest Win7/8/8.1 drivers - DO NOT use older drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

- no drivers installed for your Ethernet controller (wired connection).  You still need drivers even if you're not using the device.  The only time you don't need drivers is if you physically remove the device from the system or you disable the device in the BIOS/UEFI (this does not include disabling in Device Manager - it still needs drivers if done from there).

- lot's of connection failures in the WER section of MSINFO32.  This could also be a problem - so you'd have to try connecting to the internet differently (such as with a wired connection).  I have to wonder if this is due to dropped connections/weak signal?

- in May of 2015 you had a STOP 0x124 (hardware) BSOD, in July of 2015 you had a STOP 0x133 error (due to video).  I have to wonder if the 2 are related - and if so, could there be hardware problems with your video card?  Try these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html - make sure to try ALL of the video tests.

- Uninstall the Gigabyte OC Guru stuff and if overclocking, revert the system to non-overclocked settings while we're testing.    Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

- uninstall Asus TurboLAN

- MSI Afterburner (along with Riva Tuner and EVGA Precision) is known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys).  Please un-install them immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

Hello usasma, thanks for taking the time.

I have followed all of the steps you mentioned and now the errors have changed I do not longer get appcrash on league of legends or LC End 0 of 0, now the program I run along it bugsplats my league.

Looking at the event viewer here is the info:

Faulting application name: BoL Studio.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5523c755
Faulting module name: BoL Studio.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5523c755
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000d20f
Faulting process ID: 0xcf8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d24cf73f6f73
Faulting application path: C:\BoLNEW\BoL Studio.exe
Faulting module path: C:\BoLNEW\BoL Studio.exe
Report ID: 36edb28b-3e40-11e5-82ad-954f1a15591f
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:35 AM

It looks like there's a bunch of problems with the BoL Studio program (from my web searches).

I'd suggest posting over at their forums for more expert assistance:  http://forum.botoflegends.com/forum/17-bol-studio/

Also, the Exception code: 0xc0000409 is a Stack Buffer overrun.  A common tactic used by malware to gain access to one's system (although that's not the only reason for this).

I'd strongly suggest several antimalware/antivirus scans to ensure that you're not infected.

Good luck!

#8 homotuthot

homotuthot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

Thank you for taking the time :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users