Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Failed to Install 0xC1900101 0x30017

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lunaeclair

lunaeclair

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:09 PM

Everytime I try to update my computer to windows 10, I get the same error occurring. Ive tried multiple methods but I can not get around it. Downloading it works, but once the installing gets to the first re-boot, the machine hangs with the dots that are meant to be going in a circle just freezing. Nothing happens no matter how long I leave it for, so I have to hard-reset. Once I done that it tries to recover the installation but the same thing happens again so then it just sets me back to windows 7.

My computers model is Alienware_Aurora_R3

Attached is the error message I get when I am rolled back to Windows 7. 

Ive tried looking online for solutions but cant find any that work for me so far. Any help? 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alek608

Alek608

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:09 PM

I have the same PC and the exact same error occurs on my system.  i spend two hours with Microsoft Tech support on the phone to no avail.  I have no idea what to do about except stay with windows 7 which works just fine.

#3 gabrielh

gabrielh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:29 PM

Same PC (Aurora R3) on Windows 7,same error here as well.I tried to disconnect all peripherals (DVD, secondary HDD) but nothing helped :(

#4 kkoz83

kkoz83

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

Hi, how are you?  I am posting here because my error is nearly identical except that my error is 0xC1900101 0x30018.  I get "stuck" on 40% overall and 23% of installing features and drivers.  I say "stuck" because the inner percentage circle breathes but nothing past those percentages.

I have an Asus laptop running Windows 7 Home 64-bit on a Samsung SSD.  I read other forums to turn off antivirus - so I permanently turned all of Norton off but no luck :(

#5 davross

davross

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:31 AM

I have an Aurora R3 too and have the same problem, has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Edited by davross, 08 August 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#6 StorzOO

StorzOO

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

I have an Aurora R3 too and have the same problem, has anyone found a solution to this yet?

For the Aurora R3, it is a outdated Bios issue (Dell no longer supports the BIOS, thus issue with win 10 upgrade), every time windows upgrade does its soft restart, it will hang. 

What you need to do is to "babysit" the upgrade: hard reboot the PC whenever windows upgrade does its soft restart(when you see the alien head Bios screen come up, just shut your PC down manually, then power back up, it will get you pass the error and completed the upgrade, i.e my Aurora R3 did its windows upgrade soft restart @ 30% after it is done copy file and 75% after the program/driver install. 

After the window upgraded to win 10, and you need to download/run 2 file from Dell website, 1 is for Renesas Integrated USB 3.0, v.2.0.4.0, A00, the other is for Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility, v.9.2.0.1015, A00, to remedy the soft restart issue  with Windows 10.

Good luck :)

#7 davross

davross

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

For the Aurora R3, it is a outdated Bios issue (Dell no longer supports the BIOS, thus issue with win 10 upgrade), every time windows upgrade does its soft restart, it will hang. 

What you need to do is to "babysit" the upgrade: hard reboot the PC whenever windows upgrade does its soft restart(when you see the alien head Bios screen come up, just shut your PC down manually, then power back up, it will get you pass the error and completed the upgrade, i.e my Aurora R3 did its windows upgrade soft restart @ 30% after it is done copy file and 75% after the program/driver install. 

After the window upgraded to win 10, and you need to download/run 2 file from Dell website, 1 is for Renesas Integrated USB 3.0, v.2.0.4.0, A00, the other is for Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility, v.9.2.0.1015, A00, to remedy the soft restart issue  with Windows 10.

Brilliant, looks like it worked for me  :thumbsup2:    thanks.

#8 gabrielh

gabrielh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

Worked for me as well, thanks!! (Aurora R3)

#9 Lezaris

Lezaris

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:50 PM

I've been having this issues as well for months, also on an Aurora R3. I was just about to give up, and i found this thread. Going to try this tonight!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users