Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access session.trionworlds.com and Trion nor my ISP can help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vivisect

vivisect

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:42 PM

Hello,

Hopefully this is the right forum. Apologies if not. I am running out of ideas to try and no one seems to be able to help me.

Trion Worlds is a gaming company. I can access most of their pages until I click "Sign in" or "Log in". At this point a request is made to https://session.trionworlds.com and it is unable to be resolved. All of their games also use this or whatever it accesses to be able to play them. I noticed this when I downloaded Trove from Steam and could not log into their Glyph service.

First I contacted Trion. I supplied them with a lot of information and then they told me to contact my ISP. I supplied my ISP with a lot of information and they don't see anything wrong. I switched to this ISP 2 months ago. Before I had Comcast and was able to access these sites just fine.

I don't know what else to try or what I might be missing. Here is all of the info.

• My ISP is USI Fiber
  • Cannot access https://session.trionworlds.com in Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer
  • I have cleared cache and cookies
  • I have tried using my PC with my router (Airport Extreme) and connected my PC directly into the fiber outlet. No difference.
  • I have tried using a different computer (Apple laptop) both wirelessly on the router and directly into the fiber outlet. No difference.
  • I have tried with my iPhone on the wireless router. No difference.
  • I have tried with my phone using cellular data: SUCCESS
  • I have run nslookup, ping, and tracert using both Google DNS and my ISPs DNS. Both times I could ping and tracert the server just fine. How is that possible if I can't connect?
  • I do not have an edited HOSTS file and I have not touched my route tables
  • My ISP says they can access the site fine in their office using the same internet

At this point I think a couple things could be happening. Either the switch or router (whatever the fiber is going into in the building) has a bad configuration, or Trion is actively blocking my IP address/MAC address (is that even possible to do with a website), or something else entirely that I cannot think of.

The last thing I plan on trying when I get home from work today is to use a VPN and see if that works. I guess all that would definitely prove is that it is not my computer.

So my questions are:

How can I ping and tracert a site that I cannot resolve on any machine on my network?

Can a website ban an IP/MAC address?

Are there any tools, advice, or ideas that I haven't thought of?

Edited by vivisect, 31 July 2015 - 01:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

Yes a site can band your ip address though you would have had to been in violation of their usage policy.

What exactly do you mean by "unresolved"? Is that the actual error message?

Link opens fine for me. What firewall/antivirus are you using?

Can you access any https site?

Edited by Wand3r3r, 31 July 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#3 vivisect

vivisect
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:16 PM

The exact error message is: "This webpage is not available  ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"

I am using stock windows firewall/antivirus. But again, this couldn't be it since I have tried on an iOS phone and an Apple laptop and received the same results.

I can access every other https site I know of.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:02 AM

Hello vivisect -

First question is are you using Google Chrome as your browser and can you try to use another browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox) ??

Thank You -

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:29 AM

I had a look at it (with Internet Explorer and Firefox) -

This Link works OK for me

#6 vivisect

vivisect
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

Yes, as I said:

Edited by vivisect, 03 August 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#7 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

did the vpn allow you to connect?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#8 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

Post the results of a tracert 208.94.26.149

that's the ip address of sessions.

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

The link you have left heads directly to Logon area, not an active game.

Did you do a Google search for the trionworlds.com as I do not have an account there, but I can access the Login page......(see link)

Otherwise please post to Malware, Infections Removal area and follow the procedure for starting a new post .in that area ..

Thank You -

EDIT - Can a website ban an IP/MAC address? << No but they can ban your account

Edited by noknojon, 03 August 2015 - 06:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users