1. I ran and reran Windows Update and it says that Windows is up to date.
2. SSD Diagnostics: I found the download for Samsung Magician Software here: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html
I ran it and it said the SSD is good (green).
3. BIOS: I looked at the Drivers & Tools for my MoBo (Win7 64bit) and it has the following categories:
Qualified Vendor List (3)
BIOS Utilities (3)
Besides BIOS, which drivers should I download?
When I click on the latest BIOS (3606), dated 11/27/2012 it has the following instructions:
P8Z68-V PRO BIOS 3603(for Win7 & Win8)
For proper operation, please ensure to update Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 220.127.116.117 and BIOS to version 3603 before enabling Intel Smart Response Technology.
Update procedure for users needing Intel Smart Response Technology:
(1) Enter OS, and ensure Intel Smart Response Technology has been turned off under Intel Rapid Storage Technology interface.
(2) Install version Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 18.104.22.1687
(3) Reboot the system, and update BIOS to version 3603, then reboot.
(4) Enter the BIOS setup screen, press F5 to load BIOS default, then change the Intel SATA Port to RAID mode.
(5) Boot into OS, and re-enable Intel Smart Response Technology under Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
I loaded the drivers that came with my original build and Intel Smart Response Technology was one of them.
I don't know how to turn it off, so I have not proceeded with the upgrade.
I did go into the BIOS and disabled USB3, so my USB Hub (3.0) is not working and I have to use onboard USB 2.0 ports for mouse/keyboard, etc.