Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Israeli settlers kill 18 month Palestinian child

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cwbytez

cwbytez

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

The Palestinian Embassy in South Africa together with BDS South Africa condemns yesterdays Israeli extremist attack in the Palestinian village of Douna near Nablus which resulted in the death of an 18 month old Palestinian child, Ali Saad Dawabsha.

ymlp.com/zQflq5

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 August 2015 - 05:54 PM.
moved from General Chat to Speak Easy

My native language isn't English,so please point out to me out if I make any grammar mistake :P (i'm not really good at english)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

Almost as sad as the day 2000 innocents were killed on Sept 11 2001
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:22 PM

Almost as sad as the day 2000 innocents were killed on Sept 11 2001

It was closer to 3000.

#4 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:48 PM

So maybe if those 700 daily rockets weren't sent by Palestininans who hide them inside SCHOOLS and shoot them into Sderot and other innocent Israeli towns, there would be fewer unintended Palestinian deaths.  If fewer Palestinian mothers would strap bombs on their own children and then send their children to Allah, there would be fewer unintended Palestinian deaths.  And of course, if Saudis would stop airing praise to 3-year old girls they taught to say Jews are pigs, and if imams on Friday stopped telling their congregations to kill Jews.. maybe there would be fewer attacks ON the Jews and fewer unintended deaths of Palestinians.

It's really amazing how the foreign media jumps on one death that was not intended, and ignores how the Palestinians kill their own children on purpose or use them as human shields, clearly not loving their own children.   :censored:

Edited by brainout, 06 August 2015 - 05:51 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#5 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:03 AM

Initially I had a lot of sympathy for the Jews, but as time went on I gradually realised that the palastinians and the jews were the same. Just like the catholics and protestants in northern ireland. Just a load of bigots telling the idiotic public what to do. Islam, christianity, catholicism, and judaism. All a load of bloodthirsty fools.

Edited by georgehenry, 09 August 2015 - 06:04 AM.

#6 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:01 AM

Yeah, well that's what Saudi Arabia, Iran and formerly Iraq and Tunisia -- the ones who fund the Palestinians -- want you to think.  They want you to get tired of the whole thing and just cave into the Arabs.  That's how journalists came to think, too.  But Joan Peters, once a pro-Palestinian, came to think differently.  My copy of her book is from 30 years ago, but it's in paperback now at Amazon, much cheaper.

I learned the stuff she wrote about, independently, long before I knew of her book.  For in my schools, we had lectures from the State Department.  I played Saudi Arabia in the Mock United Nations which high schools maybe still hold annually.  That interest continued in college.  You might also want to get A Short History of the Arab Peoples by Sir John Glubb (pro-Arab book by an Englishman).  That way you get an underpinning for how Arab nations 'play'.  I had the book in college, earlier edition than the link shows.

Basically, the Palestinian leaders are other nations, mentioned in the first sentence.  That leadership formed in the wake of WWII.  Those folks have trouble ruling their own nations, so they create a diversion to get their people shaking their fists at Israel, to better manage their own populations, in-house.  As part of this strategy, they manipulate the Palestinians and refuse them real help, shuttling them from Lebanon and Jordan and some parts around Yemen, to get them angry, and then blame all that on the Jews.  Been going on for 50 years now.  Some Palestinians wake up to it and leave, but most don't.

So then it paints a very different picture of what's the story, and whether you agree with it or not, well.. at least you'll be better informed.  I won't say more, because it now sounds like I'm trying to sell you something, and I'm not.

Edited by brainout, 09 August 2015 - 09:10 AM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#7 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,379 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:51 PM

I threw my copy of Joan Peters' book in the trash years ago. Considered donating it to charity, but didn't want to contribute to spreading propaganda.

The First Zionist Congress convening in Basel, Switzerland, Issue Basel program on colonization of Palestine and the establishment of the World Zionist Organization (WZO). Shortly after the congress, a Zionist delegation is sent to Palestine to explore the viability of settling Palestine with persecuted European Jews. The delegation reported back with a cable that stated: "The bride is beautiful, but she is married to another man."

http://www.palestinelink.eu/palestine/timeline/1876-1918/

It's also important to remember that the Arab "nations" are lines on the map drawn by the UK and France to suit themselves at the end of WW1, with a dictator and an army designed for internal oppression in each "nation." The only Arab army capable of fighting a foreign conflict at the time was the Arab Legion, which was not only supplied by the UK throughout the 1948 war, but was commanded by British officers too. Try finding a recorded incident of the Arab Legion fighting Jewish forces anywhere in the UN recommended Jewish state, or even anywhere within what are nowadays recognised as Israel's legal borders, at any point during the 1948 war.

The regime in Jordan is the same regime that the UK installed at the end of WW1 which has survived to this day; it was a British supported dictatorship, and is now a US supported dictatorship. If my country was ruled by some foreign supported dictator, it may well have "trouble ruling" too.

Also, when western media reports on what "the Arabs" say, it is generally referring to the regimes, and not their populations, who's views can be vastly different to the views of their dictators.

In any case, regardless of what Joan Peters says, Israel was founded by expelling the majority of Palestinian Muslims and Christians from their homes and/or denying their right to return, to make way for Jewish settlers, and it continues the same policy to this day. The two waves of Jews fleeing or being expelled from Arab countries occurred after the Israeli expulsions of Palestinian Muslims and Christians, in 1947-48 and 1967 respectively.

Today, Israel belligerently occupies the de jure state of Palestine, and the Palestinians live under Israel's foreign belligerent military and settler occupation. As the occupying power Israel is legally responsible for the welfare of the people it chooses to keep under its occupation, and they have the right to resist the occupation using armed means. That's not a picture I'm painting or something I'm selling; that's reality.

EDIT: I nearly forgot to mention, the biggest funders of the Palestinians nowadays are the UN and the EU.

Edited by Al1000, 09 August 2015 - 02:46 PM.

#8 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

Sorry, Al1000, but the following paragraph is flat wrong:  "Today, Israel belligerently occupies the de jure state of Palestine, and the Palestinians live under Israel's foreign belligerent military and settler occupation. As the occupying power Israel is legally responsible for the welfare of the people it chooses to keep under its occupation, and they have the right to resist the occupation using armed means. That's not a picture I'm painting or something I'm selling; that's reality."

I could argue with you and prove why that paragraph is completely untrue; but the proof is all over the internet and has been for some decades, so anyone wanting proof can just Google.  Out of deference to the forum, I'll just cease here.

#9 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,379 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:18 AM

This section of the forum is intended for polite, respectful and thoughtful debate (on controversial topics), so I don't see a problem so long as we keep within these guidelines.

Here are some sourced citations to support my statements in the paragraph that you are disputing.

Creative Commons licence:

""Palestinian territories" and "occupied Palestinian territories" (OPT or oPt) are descriptions often used to describe the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and the Gaza Strip.[7][8][9] Israeli governments have maintained that the area involved is within territorial dispute.[10][11] The extent of the territories, while subject to future negotiations, have frequently been defined by the Green Line. The term "Palestinian Territory, Occupied" had been utilized by the UN and other international organizations between 1998 to 2013 in order to refer to the Palestinian National Authority; it was replaced by the UN in 2013 by the term State of Palestine.[12]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_territories

"The State of Palestine (Arabic: دولة فلسطين‎ Dawlat Filasṭīn) is a de jure sovereign state in the Middle East."

....the government's decision was challenged in the Supreme Court by settlers, and the government won the case by noting the settlements were in territory whose legal status was that of 'belligerent territory'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

So even the Israeli government argues that it is a belligerent, and none of the members of the UNSC argued otherwise.

Fair use quote:

The International Laws of Belligerent Occupation

by Professor Francis Boyle
Professor of International Law, University of Illinois

Belligerent occupation is governed by The Hague Regulations of 1907, as well as by the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949, and the customary laws of belligerent occupation. Security Council Resolution 1322 (2000), paragraph 3 continued: Calls upon Israel, the occupying Power, to abide scrupulously by its legal obligations and its responsibilities under the Fourth Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in a Time of War of 12 August 1949;... Again, the Security Council vote was 14 to 0, becoming obligatory international law.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5936.htm

I would be interested to read any sourced material that shows these citations to be incorrect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users